Viewing 15 posts - 37,726 through 37,740 (of 59,098 total)
Joe Celko (7/12/2010)
CREATE TABLE TB1
(something_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
something_age INTEGER NOT NULL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm
m.dunster (7/12/2010)
Through your example for creating the data...I have learnt about table variables and will now be replacing all my temp table work !!
Don't do that. It could be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 6:13 pm
Stefan Krzywicki (7/13/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/13/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (7/13/2010)
As a rule of thumb, once a table has more than five indexes, updates to that table may be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:56 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/13/2010)
Anybody have any comments on this nugget?โขNever include a USE <database> statement in scripts.
I just found this in a doc here at work.
I'd like to see the context it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:50 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/13/2010)
As a rule of thumb, once a table has more than five indexes, updates to that table may be adversely affected since the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm
Trey Staker (7/12/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (7/12/2010)
Chad Crawford (7/12/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/9/2010)
I promise to publish it right after PASS if it's not called upon.
๐ I don't want to wait. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm
Chad Crawford (7/12/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/9/2010)
I promise to publish it right after PASS if it's not called upon.
๐ I don't want to wait. I had to build a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 5:00 pm
GilaMonster (7/12/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (7/9/2010)
Oh and Congrats Jeff.Ditto.
Aye... thanks old friend. I'm very much looking forward to finally meeting you in person.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Roy Ernest (7/12/2010)
Congrats Jeff... Hopefully I will see you all at the Pass Summit..!!!!
Thanks, Roy. Like they say down South, "Can't wait to meet all'y'all!"
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Gianluca Sartori (7/12/2010)
I think yesterday it was Emperor Paulpatine's birthday.Happy birthday, Paul!
Heh... does it mean more Vuvuzelas?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm
Awesome feedback. As a side bar... Heh... no appologies for wanting to for wanting to form an opinion on some things on my own (which I still have to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 4:38 pm
Almost forgot... thanks for the warning on Rule 6, Tom. I haven't seen anyone address the "problem" you're talking about but I suspect that the word "View" in that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 12:34 am
Thanks, Tom. Yep... this is one of the many versions of seen. Obviously I was hoping for the real thing but if someone like you, Barry Young, or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 12:32 am
CirquedeSQLeil (7/11/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (7/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2010 at 2:03 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,726 through 37,740 (of 59,098 total)