Viewing 15 posts - 3,721 through 3,735 (of 59,098 total)
It would be helpful if you'd post the CREATE TABLE statement and a few rows of data in an INSERT/VALUES fashion. We also need to know what day of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2022 at 4:28 pm
I'll remind you that 1) it's not my site and 2) it's not my site. 😉
It is, however, your contention this is easy...
'Nuff said and understood. My apologies.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2022 at 4:20 pm
SPAM is a problem now, and it's not a simple one. I've filed a ticket to work with the third party on what is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 4:34 pm
With the understanding that I don't use Analysis Services, can you use T-SQL in SSAS? There are some very fast methods for calculating MEDIAN in T-SQL.
You can query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 4:30 pm
One thing I couldn't do easily was to deal with dates (that are date values in excel). These would show as "44649.94918" in the values table. When you would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 4:13 pm
With the understanding that I don't use Analysis Services, can you use T-SQL in SSAS? There are some very fast methods for calculating MEDIAN in T-SQL.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 3:44 pm
SPAM is a problem now, and it's not a simple one. I've filed a ticket to work with the third party on what is not catching more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 3:39 pm
i used th ewindows built-in proxy and it works great!
Thanks for posting the solution that you found for your own question. It's going to help others, for sure.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 3:31 pm
Is it possible to create a temp table when setting a query?
For example:
DECLARE
@Category varchar(100),
@SubCategory varchar(100),
@Query ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Nevermind - It's too bad there's not a delete option for posts.
What did you end up doing to solve your problem?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2022 at 3:11 pm
Doing only a quick glance at the execution plans, this looks like it could be a parameter sniffing issue. You could go all surgical on this but I'm thinking that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2022 at 3:27 pm
I like that chart Jeff, I might add it to my favourite argument I trot out every time I am faced with a short password requirement that forces numbers,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Grant is spot on but I'll add an "old dude's" take on it...
Which ever turns out to be the best "architecture" for your data, none of it will matter for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2022 at 4:01 pm
It's amazing to me how much incorrect information there is posted in posts containing a list of interview questions.
My recommendation to people using such lists is to only look at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Hi All,
(see attached waits) I have a very slow sql server, it seemed to happen over night and queries are still slow. index rebuild/reorg and statistics have been updated....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,721 through 3,735 (of 59,098 total)