Viewing 15 posts - 20,296 through 20,310 (of 59,098 total)
Welsh Corgi (6/22/2015)
DBA From The Cold (6/22/2015)
Depending on how your table is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 12:06 pm
NineIron (6/22/2015)
Thanx. This will work out fine.
Possibly not. There is absolutely nothing in your data that will prevent a missing sequence number due to a rollback or other cause.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Ed Wagner (6/22/2015)
Lynn Pettis (6/19/2015)
Sean Lange (6/19/2015)
ChrisM@Work (6/19/2015)
Sean Lange (6/19/2015)
Anybody have the mind reading apparatus? I have misplaced mine and could use it over here. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1696091-2799-1.aspx
I'm with Alvin on this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 7:26 am
Luis Cazares (6/16/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Douglas Osborne-229812 (6/17/2015)
That was exactly what I needed. Once I completed the second SQL - I was good to go. I guess when I had tried that technique myself I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 5:18 pm
sqlinterset (6/15/2015)
I am looking to calculate no of months between two dates which are in YYYYMM format.Like no of months between 201505 and 201305
I know the question has been answered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 5:13 pm
For those that are interested and why I hate what they've done to the newer date and time datatypes (namely making "Direct Date Math" impossible), the maximum number of milliseconds...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 4:44 pm
Luis' code will work mighty fine, in most cases. However, if it comes across a span of time that's just a little too big to be handled at the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Hi Sandy,
Here's how I would write the UPDATE statement if it were me.
UPDATE ws
SET ws.wrks_submitted = 'Y'
FROM dbo.employee e
JOIN...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 3:46 pm
I know the original post here is quite old but it still bears saying...
REMEMBER... all these wonderful tools may help you recover the bulk of the data and successful load...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 10:18 am
Editing EXCEL spreadsheets via SSIS or any other method is so wrong for so many reasons. One of the worst reasons is that if someone has the spreadsheet open,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 10:14 am
Virtually anything and everything that can be done on SQL Server can be undone or sidestepped by anyone having or breaking into the server with sysadmin privs on SQL Server.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 10:02 am
Sandy,
There's a ton of danger in joined updates unless things are done just right and I see a couple of possible "newbie" problems in your examples. Some of these...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 21, 2015 at 9:47 am
Sean Lange (6/19/2015)
Storing integers as floats is crazy. :w00t:
BWAA-HAA!!!! Storing date info in INTs is almost as crazy! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 9:37 am
Michael L John (6/19/2015)
The unfortunate part is that it's sometimes very difficult to get the crowd to see the importance of doing it "right" and what "right" means. If...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 9:15 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,296 through 20,310 (of 59,098 total)