Viewing 15 posts - 20,281 through 20,295 (of 59,098 total)
RTaylor2208 (6/23/2015)
The rest was me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:47 am
I've never seen such problems as you mention with SELECT/INTO Leo but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Thanks for the warning.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:39 am
JManuelN (6/23/2015)
One option could be enabling security audit (if the SQL Server edition allows it) and set the log file to a protected folder with no write permissions for sysadmin...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:36 am
I haven't tried that code but it looks right. Heh... I definitely recognize the "workday" code.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:32 am
Actually, DBA from the Cold provided a pretty good summary for you to easily follow. I'm not begging off but my presentation material is a whole lot more complicated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:31 am
I'd do RANGE RIGHT because it seems to be the method that humans understand where the partition date is the first date of the partition rather than the last.
I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 7:04 am
mw112009 (6/22/2015)
This is very slowUpdate #acrc
Set sbp_mbp = [RESEARCH].[dbo].[determine_num_of_mins_exceed_5_where_SBP_MAP_is_less_than_a_certain_value](Case_ID);
However if I do a
Select @sbp_mbp= [RESEARCH].[dbo].[determine_num_of_mins_exceed_5_where_SBP_MAP_is_less_than_a_certain_value]('12345');
--This gets executed within a few seconds
Gail and the others are correct. If you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 10:54 pm
bgalway (6/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 9:58 pm
To be absolutely honest, the table has only about 25 million rows in it and, unless it's a very wide table or unless it has some massive data stored in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 9:53 pm
SandyTucker (6/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 6:30 pm
SandyTucker (6/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 6:20 pm
charipg (6/21/2015)
my script is working.Thanks.
Can you post the script that's actually working for you please? Thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 5:37 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (6/22/2015)
ChrisM@Work (6/22/2015)
Alvin Ramard (6/22/2015)
GilaMonster (6/22/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 12:53 pm
Yowch. £6000 is almost $10,000USD. That's just crazy.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 12:49 pm
NineIron (6/22/2015)
Jeff, Any thoughts on excluding weekends when subtracting the two dates?
Absolutely but I don't like to post until after I've tested my code and I won't be able to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,281 through 20,295 (of 59,098 total)