Repair Corrupt Access Database File

• I am using MS Access 2010 and one of my databases on our shared network does not open for any user. Shows "Unrecognized Database Format." error message.

I can't even get it to the point of opening. Is there a solution for this?

Is there any commercial tool to recover data from a corrupted database?

• mark26parks (7/22/2014)

I am using MS Access 2010 and one of my databases on our shared network does not open for any user. Shows "Unrecognized Database Format." error message.

I can't even get it to the point of opening. Is there a solution for this?

Is there any commercial tool to recover data from a corrupted database?

First things first, don't attempt to repair the original database, copy the database file and work on the copy!

😎

Quick questions

a. where is the database stored? Chances are that the storage is failing.

b. do you have a backup?

c. What have you tried so far?

• To repair a corrupt .mdb database of MS Access, one can try Compact and Repair feature of MS Access. It repairs corrupt database and makes it accessible for database users. Other than this one can also use import feature of MS Access that helps database users import their corrupt database to a new database file.

If both these solutions fail to fix this corruption,

Then one must check some third-party access database repair or recovery software. I would like to suggest MDB Repair Kit[/url] software here to repair corrupt .mdb and .accdb files. One can check its free demo version before buying its full version.

Hope this would be helpful.

• Inbuilt option to repair Access database is "Compact and Repair". This option also compacts MDB file if it is large in size because sometimes MDB file gets corrupted due to large file size.

Repair Access Database (MDB File)

This above solution will be a great help for you. It also contains step-wise screenshots.

• You must use the backup in such situations.

• Access File Recovery Tool that easily repairs corrupt MS Access (.MDB or .ACCDB) database file and then recover tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, etc. It also restores permanently deleted data from MDB file of MS Access 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 on your latest Windows 8.1 PC & all below Windows version like as Win8, Win7, Vista, 2003 and XP.

Visit:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/access-file-recovery-tool.html

• Network access files sometimes corrupts during sharing on network.i faced the same issue.i tried a wonderful access repair software which not only repaired my access file but also recovered deleted records.

this software did the magic for me...hope it will work for you also....

http://send.onenetworkdirect.net/z/29512/CD217964/

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• There are various third party tools available to repair corrupt MS Access Database mdb file successfully. Visit http://www.datarepairtools.com/access-recovery.html to know about one of the efficient Access Database repair tool.

• I know the original post here is quite old but it still bears saying...

REMEMBER... all these wonderful tools may help you recover the bulk of the data and successful load the database but "corruption" will many times cause a loss of data that none of those tools can actually find or fix.

Don't ever assume that everything is hunky-dory just because you were able to load a previously corrupt database.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I saw this problem recently and it turned out a Cryptovirus had encrypted the mdb. You might want to check other .mdb files just in case. And pray that is not the issue!

• bgalway (6/22/2015)

I saw this problem recently and it turned out a Cryptovirus had encrypted the mdb. You might want to check other .mdb files just in case. And pray that is not the issue!

Ugh! Now that would be ugly.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Seems like you have faced some serious problem with your MS Access File do you know the reason behind this it might be that your MS Access file is damaged or corrupted. If you want to restore your content or data, all you need to do is to repair it by using MS Access Repair Tool[/url]

• If MS access database is corrupted and you want to repair it, then I would like to suggest a third-party access recovery tool. There are various 3rd-party tool but some of them are good. I tried many more to repair my corrupt access database file but didn't get good response. finally I got to know about kernel for Access Recovery tool. I used this software. After using this tool, my corrupt database file was repaired and I was able to open it. This software is easy to use. This software has two powerful scanning modes: Standard and Template. It repairs both MDB and ACCDB database file. It recovers data from deleted, formatted, and re-formatted partitions.

To get more about the access recovery tool visit http://www.accessrepair.recoveryfiles.org/[/url]

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply