Viewing 15 posts - 20,311 through 20,325 (of 59,098 total)
Nadrek (6/19/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/18/2015)
...if you can't prove it with code, there is no argument.
...
I believe that part of proving it with code is having valid, reliable measurements. Another...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 8:46 am
h540663 (6/19/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 8:34 am
lewisdow123 (6/19/2015)
Hi,I have reposted in here... http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1695984-3077-1.aspx
Thanks
You really need to stop multi-threading. You should have posted your corrected data on this thread so that others can see the "development"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 8:25 am
lewisdow123 (6/19/2015)
I could kick myself, I am running 2008 R2... so sorry
Heh... not to worry. We wanna kick you, too! 😀
Here's a solution that will work in any...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 8:23 am
pharryecoenen (6/19/2015)
Thanks for your reply.
I've seen your stuff at detroit.sqlpass.org and as usual learned a few tricks from it, before trying it.
Works great on 2008R2 after replacing (local)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 19, 2015 at 7:16 am
Minnu (6/17/2015)
TeamAs per my requirment using below script to convert from varchar to numeric.
declare @stg varchar(50)
set @stg='12,000,00'
select CONVERT(NUMERIC(17,2),@stg)
getting error : Error converting data type varchar to numeric
Please help..
If the answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 11:52 pm
rockstar283 (6/18/2015)
Version
2.0.0.0
1.0.0.0
1.2.0.0
2.1.8.8
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 11:46 pm
ZZartin (6/18/2015)
I'm also not going to listen to a dev without a strong DB background try to defend bad coding standards just because he's lazy.
That's precisely what I was talking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 9:44 pm
pharryecoenen (6/18/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 9:02 pm
craig.g.smith (6/17/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Does the real "original" table actually have 5 columns in a manner similar to what your first table is or does it "just" have a "Parent" and "Child" column?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 1:48 pm
I don't know why this article only got 3 stars. I'll admit that I didn't do a deep dive on the article (I'm familiar with the problem) but the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 7:57 am
Sean Lange (6/17/2015)
BL0B_EATER (6/17/2015)
Brandie Tarvin (6/17/2015)
O. M. G.You MUST read this link here.
I'm in stitches here.
Number 8 had me, having 2 under 2.5 years of age makes me feel like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 7:37 am
Understood on the xp_CmdShell thing. I was trying to give you fuel for your fire but there's a lot of overwhelming FUD out there and some companies just flat...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 18, 2015 at 7:25 am
craig.g.smith (6/17/2015)
The other reason I thought about just using the date is I'd really like to partition this table on that date.
That was going to be my next recommendation. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 17, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,311 through 20,325 (of 59,098 total)