Viewing 15 posts - 17,251 through 17,265 (of 59,098 total)
CELKO (7/18/2016)
The SQL/PSM was primarily written by a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Sounds like they're on the right track. Thank you for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 1:57 pm
lsalih (7/18/2016)
I once had a hard time placing the database back to multiuser mode, that is why I am avoiding placing database into single mode or offline during DB...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 1:55 pm
CELKO (7/18/2016)
Numbers are numbers and your arguing the interface (infix versus RPN) somehow makes them different.
Quite the contrary. I'm arguing that you should use whatever features are available in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Lynn Pettis (7/18/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Luis Cazares (7/18/2016)
I didn't remember this when you first posted your problem, but have you tried using SQL#? It has Replace functions that might help you.
Although claims of performance have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 12:41 pm
lsalih (7/18/2016)
I guess I was not thinking straight when putting this script together, I now understand how to approach the restore better. Thank you all for your great input. Lava
You...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm
You bet. If you get the chance, let us know how it worked out for you one way or another. Thanks!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 8:11 am
JarJar (7/18/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 6:36 am
Imke Cronje (7/18/2016)
Don't worry....I already figured it out.Its a clustered index scan and when I include both indexes in the joins it returns a Seek instead of a Scan.
Now all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 6:21 am
If it's the Database Developer world you seek, I agree... a lot has changed. But even more has not and your previous skills will serve you well.
My...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 6:17 am
babap (7/18/2016)
Not sure I buy the metaphor of scientific calculator vs. basic calculator---does not apply.
In most cases, neither does portability. 😉 Not everyone needs applications that will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2016 at 5:26 am
Jeff Moden (7/15/2016)
asutorius (7/15/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 9:24 pm
CELKO (7/17/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Your turn, please. 😉
Why would you ever need to do a SELECT COUNT(NULL)?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,251 through 17,265 (of 59,098 total)