Viewing 15 posts - 17,266 through 17,280 (of 59,098 total)
babap (7/16/2016)
BEWARE...these short cuts are NOT either ISO SQL standard or ANSI SQL.This is going back in time BEFORE the ISO SQL standard was created.
Shortcuts create long term pains!!!
Keep in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 12:05 pm
venkyzrocks (7/16/2016)
Thanks Jeff, really helpful !!!
My pleasure. Thank you for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 11:46 am
Hugo Kornelis (7/17/2016)
By the way, do we know if any of the regulars here is based in France, and more specifically in or near Nice? I hope everyone's okay!
+1000000 and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 10:51 am
@sivajaggu11 and anyone else interested...
I realize that most of the posts in this thread are ages old but let's replay a couple of things...
pshvets (4/15/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 10:46 am
marques.miguel (7/17/2016)
Hello Jeff Moden,Thanks a lot for your reply and help !!!
No problem and thank you for the well laid out question with test code. It makes things easy.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 17, 2016 at 7:59 am
marques.miguel (7/16/2016)
I'm new to SQL Server and I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question.
In the following code:
create table t(i int,j char(3000))
create table t1(i int,j...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2016 at 5:50 pm
venkyzrocks (7/16/2016)
I mean my code is working fine, but I would like to learn if there are better ways to do this without cursors in 2008. Let me know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Post Removed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Post removed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Post removed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2016 at 12:47 pm
TomThomson (7/15/2016)
Eric M Russell (7/8/2016)
The Need for Developers Who Are Literate About Relational Database Design
We also have a Need for DBAs Who Are Literate About Relational Database Design.
Are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 11:11 pm
j-1064772 (7/15/2016)
Jeff Moden (5/6/2016)
I'm with Ed. The auditing software is incorrect. Properly used, xp_CmdShell isn't a security problem.
I am not familiar with proxy accounts and even less on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 9:28 pm
TheSQLGuru (6/7/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 8:28 pm
venkyzrocks (6/17/2016)
I have modified the original script. Here's the entire script (DDL + Cursor Script)
IF OBJECT_ID (N'dbo.Account_Tagging', N'U') IS NOT NULL
AND EXISTS(SELECT * from dbo.Account_Tagging)
drop table Account_Tagging
BEGIN
CREATE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 7:11 pm
Ray K (7/14/2016)
Brandie Tarvin (7/14/2016)
I'm in the last few days before Go Live on a major infrastructure upgrade. I'm lucky I can spell SEQUAL. @=)
I once had a friend tell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,266 through 17,280 (of 59,098 total)