Viewing 15 posts - 2,641 through 2,655 (of 22,227 total)
Anyone feel like they know a darned thing about merge replication? I've been asked to help with this, but I'm way out of date on my knowledge. Go here.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 2:17 pm
My replication knowledge is OOOOLLLLLDDDD, like dinosaurs, so take anything else I say with a giant grain of salt.
The errors look like permissions issues. The error itself is saying that...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Personally, I wouldn't do this through T-SQL. I'd use Powershell. Here's an example.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Kubernetes!
There, now we all have to drink.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:27 pm
I can't see a name associated with this, so I really can't judge whether the content is likely to be good or not. My opinion, it's a gamble, but it's...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:26 pm
So, I'm not a design purist. If I were, I'd argue that ONLY the natural keys should ever be used. However, there are very valid performance and design reasons why...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Let's start with the easy question first, output parameters. I've only used these in actual business work when I had the, very rare, circumstance that I was only returning a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Thom has nailed the core answer. I just want to add one suggestion for tooling. Get a copy of Azure Data Studio and try it out as well since...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 12, 2019 at 1:05 pm
How about people that just implement missing index recommendations that create a nonclustered index that is a covering index and recreates the entire table? Yes, I found one in...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 11, 2019 at 11:31 am
BINGO!! I would guess over 90% of the people who come to this site are not on a mobile device. So why do we cater to such a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 4:09 pm
And this thread just keeps on keeping on... This is a pure rant, so read at your own risk. I have been involved in the interview process for a...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 3:42 pm
One of my experiences, though, is it does seem the SQL Server community is much friendlier than the Oracle community. Not to say there aren't helpful people out there,...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that NOLOCK was only a table hint in 2005, not a query hint. That means you can't use it in plan guide...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 1:12 pm
It is "safe". However, sometimes, I have had issues uninstalling older versions. 99% of the time, it'll just uninstall and you'll be good. Go for it. Just... if you hit...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 1:07 pm
I am not an RDS expert. However, according to their documentation and a web search, you can. Use this command and change the database name:
exec msdb.dbo.rds_restore_database...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2019 at 1:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 2,641 through 2,655 (of 22,227 total)