This why I drink..

• "if it tests out successfully in Production, I’ll install it on the Dev server"

• Zubius wrote:

"if it tests out successfully in Production, I’ll install it on the Dev server"  

And whoever said that must drink too.

Sue

• Kubernetes!

There, now we all have to drink.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Stop. Rewind. Reverse that.

• Zubius wrote:

"if it tests out successfully in Production, I’ll install it on the Dev server"  

Ah yes, Production In Lieu Of Testing (PILOT).

I drink because I've spent two days trying to persuade somebody that the issue was not in the database, and that they needed to restart a service on the app server, then it would work. He threw his toys out of the pram, but his colleague restarted the service and... it works. Of course.

• Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Ah yes, Production In Lieu Of Testing (PILOT). I drink because I've spent two days trying to persuade somebody that the issue was not in the database, and that they needed to restart a service on the app server, then it would work. He threw his toys out of the pram, but his colleague restarted the service and... it works. Of course.

I love that one - perfect acronym!

I drink because I do stupid things that drives others to drink and I don't want them to have to drink alone. So I'm just being thoughtful.

Sue

• I usually don't drink at all because, if I drank every time I ran into some form of stupidity when it comes to code or common sense, I'd be permanently drunk. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply