Viewing 15 posts - 7,201 through 7,215 (of 8,754 total)
Lynn Pettis (9/2/2014)
AARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Someone fire the man. He has no business in this business.
Think that here is a proper use for a TERMINATOR:-D
😎
September 2, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Lynn Pettis (9/2/2014)
Nope, I meant what I wrote; begininators. My term for the improper use of terminators at the beginning of statements. 😀
Are you working for Skynet?
😎
September 2, 2014 at 3:03 pm
ppritts (9/2/2014)
September 2, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Lynn Pettis (9/2/2014)
GilaMonster (9/2/2014)
"The inserted table only contains the rows inserted into the table. I need rows from other tables as well. Hence I can't use a set-based solution"Err.. ok...
I...
September 2, 2014 at 2:48 pm
crazy_new (9/2/2014)
September 2, 2014 at 2:36 pm
GilaMonster (9/2/2014)
"The inserted table only contains the rows inserted into the table. I need rows from other tables as well. Hence I can't use a set-based solution"Err.. ok...
As I said...
September 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Ed Wagner (9/2/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/2/2014)
Ed Wagner (9/2/2014)
...that was pretty simple stuff that should have been easy for him to troubleshoot on his own.I'm glad that optimism prevails:-D
😎
Thanks, but I guess...
September 2, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Further on the previous solution, here is an executable sample
😎
USE tempdb;
GO
;WITH BASE_DATA(NNAME,NGROUP) AS
(SELECT NNAME,NGROUP FROM (VALUES
('Bill','Finance')
,('Nancy','Ops')
,('Bill','IT')
...
September 2, 2014 at 2:11 pm
Out of curiosity, what Oracle version/edition/OS are you on?
😎
September 2, 2014 at 1:53 pm
Ed Wagner (9/2/2014)
...that was pretty simple stuff that should have been easy for him to troubleshoot on his own.
I'm glad that optimism prevails:-D
😎
September 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Ed Wagner (9/2/2014)
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/2/2014)
Lynn Pettis (9/2/2014)
September 2, 2014 at 12:18 pm
Lynn Pettis (9/2/2014)
Curious how the code that our silver spooner posted even worked. After declaring all the variables I still have a bunch of red squiggly lines.
Total lack of...
September 2, 2014 at 11:10 am
Quick thought, if the workset is large, I would recommend the Tally table version, see the IO statistics below
😎
Tally table
Table 'Workfile'. ...
September 2, 2014 at 10:29 am
Try this, much easier to use replace than concatenation
😎
USE tempdb;
GO
DECLARE @PARAM_DATE_TOKEN NVARCHAR(10) = N'{{@PARAM_DATE}}';
DECLARE @PARAM_DATE_VALUE NVARCHAR(10) = N'2014-08-08';
DECLARE @STR_TEMPLATE NVARCHAR(MAX) = N'''SELECT CAST(CAE_RDB_ENTRY_DATE as Date), *
FROM OPENQUERY(LS_RDB_DWH, ''''SELECT *...
September 2, 2014 at 10:19 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,201 through 7,215 (of 8,754 total)