Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 144 total)

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    James Stover (2/15/2012)


    For me, Brent's casual (yet valuable) testimonial might be just enough to tip me off the fence into the "certs are good" camp.

    Why, thanks sir. Just to clarify,...

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    TravisDBA (2/15/2012)


    There a lab too, you forget. 7 days is a little tight, even for you Bret. I still say MCM usable braindumps are available. If you choose not to...

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    TravisDBA (2/15/2012)


    So, what you are basically saying is I or anyone else has never ordered and actually got a usable braindump from one of those sites just to confirm...

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    TravisDBA (2/15/2012)


    First, you said there were no braindumps for the MCM. Then, after you asking for proof, I showed you 4 for starters, they are all over the Internet....

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    GilaMonster (2/15/2012)


    Don't you need to shrink the database after dropping the keys? 😉

    See, that's why you're not a real MCM yet. An MCM turns on auto-shrink to make sure...

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    Robert Davis (2/15/2012)


    If you feel otherwise please point these alleged brain dumps out.

    Here's everything you need to know to pass the MCM lab:

    Drop all the primary keys.

    Then just close the...

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    Ha! Thanks, sir.

    I can't see myself doing the MCA anytime soon. I'm not sure if I could pass it, but I'm quite sure I don't deserve to pass it....

  • RE: Upgrading Your Career

    James Stover (2/12/2012)


    codebyo (2/12/2012)


    But the MCM...meh. What's in it for me? I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

    When I got my MCM (makes it sound like I'm so old,...

  • RE: WWBOD

    Stephanie Giovannini (1/13/2012)


    I'd quit my job and wouldn't work for an employer ever again. No commute, no parking garage, no ID badge, no "desk" (two-sided "cubicle" in a hallway, banquet...

  • RE: WWBOD

    Erika and I talk about this pretty regularly. I really believe that the only purpose of working is to get enough money so that you don't have to work...

  • RE: A Look Back at Apple

    IceDread (8/28/2011)


    You were not listening. You can not go into a store and purchase a harddrive and install it yourself soon because of apples firmware, you must purchase it from...

  • RE: A Look Back at Apple

    IceDread (8/28/2011)


    I don't like how they try to lock in their customers.

    Kind of ironic that you'd say this in a Microsoft SQL Server forum, eh?

    If you're really serious about openness,...

  • RE: A Look Back at Apple

    Steve - welcome to the club!

    JLangdon - I totally understand where you're coming from. From the outside, it would seem like using Apple gear would make your life tougher,...

  • RE: The Desire for Control

    I want less knobs in the GUI, and more knobs that are enabled via T-SQL.

    When I got started, I'd check all kinds of boxes in the GUI trying to make...

  • RE: compressed index/partition impact on log, backup?

    Jonas Bergström (6/8/2011)


    Thank you Brent. I actually read your blog post about rockstars yesterday and feel a bit like, I don't now, not really a rock star, but at least...

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 144 total)