Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)
You might want to refine your question to include whether you're referring to SQL Server's native compression, third party backup compression, or both. The answer changes if you're talking...
June 8, 2011 at 6:27 am
Glad I could help - and again, great series! The community really needed this step-by-step level of training, and I love seeing 'em go live.
May 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Ha! Had to reply since my name got thrown in here, heh.
I'm usually all for including the CUs with one exception - I try to keep the production, QA,...
March 2, 2011 at 7:31 am
Nice article! Just one tweak:
"If one page in an extent is owned by TableA or IndexB, all eight pages will be owned by that same object. An exception...
February 17, 2011 at 7:12 am
Hahaha, yeah, Alaska & the West Coast are probably coming soon. Ideally, I'd like to do a spring/summer one out of Seattle to Alaska, and a fall/winter one in the...
June 30, 2010 at 10:22 am
DAC Packs aren't a solution, though, because they only support a subset of schema objects. For example, you can't include certain datatypes or stored procedures. Thanks for the...
February 6, 2010 at 5:24 pm
As far as 3rd party backup tools there are so many available but I have worked only with SQLLItespeed and Hyperbac so I can talk about this. Advantage with...
January 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm
If you run sp_updatestats without specifying a sampling ratio, it won't do a full scan of the tables to calculate the statistics. It'll use your default sampling ratio, which...
January 9, 2006 at 6:52 am
Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)