Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)

  • Reply To: Today's AI

    I had to laugh out loud at the Lucid quote.

    No, this is most definitely not the worst version. Automatic remote firmware updates absolutely can (and do) make things worse. A...

  • Reply To: AI Database Central

    Nicely done.

    There are a couple of AI SQL subreddits that are mostly empty, but every now and then, someone comes in breathlessly posting about how they built an all new...

  • Reply To: A Full Shutdown

    The video is really deceiving.

    F1 pit stops used to take a long time because they refueled the cars during the race, and the fuel came from a gravity-fed canister held...

  • Reply To: Expanding into Print

    WOW! I had no idea.

    I don't know how practical it would be to produce a PDF of one of the old magazines, but that'd be so much fun to see....

  • Reply To: 25 Years of SQL Server Central

    Congrats on the anniversary!

  • Reply To: Eight Minutes

    I'm going on a music festival cruise and they just emailed the attendees a beautiful 4-page agenda with over 500 events aboard the ship - music sets, workshops, get-togethers, and...

  • Reply To: The Journey to PostgreSQL (or anything)

    Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the post.

  • Reply To: The Next Great Thing

    Hadoop! I forgot about that one, good reminder David.

    Just to be clear: I don't wanna make it sound like I don't like AI. I do, and I use it every...

  • Reply To: Why Not Use AI?

    I already use AI and love it, but I'm more concerned about Microsoft's particular implementation.

    The demos I've seen have been half-baked at best. They required a lot of copy/pasting data...

  • Reply To: The Rise of Data Centers

    Referring to private data centers, you wrote:

    The cost of running them privately will exceed that of what vendors will charge.

    I think that's true if:

    • You're comparing apples to apples -...
  • Reply To: Seagull Management

    HAHAHA, seagull management, that's great.

  • Reply To: Declining Work for Mental Health

    npapama1 wrote:

    Bro we are not 30 years old. Relax.

    Steve's actually only 29 years old. It's just that he works really hard. You shouldn't bring it up though - he's very...

  • Reply To: Declining Work for Mental Health

    Patrick Groce wrote:

    One question i would like to pose is "How do i say no to work?"

    Keep a prioritized list of the tasks you're working on. Personally, I use RememberTheMilk.com, but...

  • Reply To: Practicing (Annoying) Better Security

    Eric M Russell wrote:

    I think virtualized desktops are the path forward. Yes, is you lose internet connectivity, then a device used as a RDP client is useless, but that's basically how it...

  • Reply To: Practicing (Annoying) Better Security

    One of the presenters at SQLSaturday Boston had a similar 2-minute auto-lock on his corporate laptop. It was amusing to see as it kept popping out of PowerPoint every minute...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 144 total)