Upgrading Your Career

• TravisDBA (2/16/2012)

GSquared (2/16/2012)

Brent Ozar (2/15/2012)

TravisDBA (2/15/2012)

So, what you are basically saying is I or anyone else has never ordered and actually got a usable braindump from one of those sites just to confirm that they DO in fact exist? Would you like to put a little money on that my man? 😀

Absolutely - in fact, I'll put a lot of money on it. I'll bet you $650 right here and now that you can't pass the MCM knowledge exam in the next 7 days. That $650 covers both the cost of the exam plus the cost of the braindump.

Ball's in your court.

Logical fallacy here:

That would test ONE brain dump. Not ALL. You'd have to pay him to get every possibly "brain dump" that is available anywhere to prove the point that there are NONE that will do the job. It's not possible to prove that point. You're engaged in an act of faith, not one of assertable fact.

Exactly!!!! I thought Brent should have already known that but I guess not. Not only that, they have multiple different tests for one exam. So like you said, you would have to have more than one dump, but that doesn't mean they are not out there to cover those as well. People have used many of them before and just memorized all of them and got lucky. But that was my point. That would take more than 7 days to do, so I decided not to take him up on that after he gave me only 7 days for one dump. That is a sucker bet, but it had nothing to do with me agreeing that it could not be done. This snippet is right off one of the sites I provided: Not my words.

"MCM dumps are liked by all the prospective candidates for MCM exams. The best source of obtaining MCM dumps is the internet where you can find hundreds of websites having dumps on all the important certification exams. As the braindumps help you knowing the most expected questions regarding your certification exam, the braindumps are prepared by almost all the candidates. An MCM braindump is thought to be a great feast for candidates. The feedback and comments of the successful candidates highlight the importance of MCM braindump. Most of the IT professionals having MCM certification claim that it was possible only with the help of MCM brain dump. By mastering all the contents of MCM brain dump, they were able to get through easily the certification exam. Some of the websites on the internet provide the facility of free download of MCM dumps.. The candidates for the certification should also visit these websites to benefit themselves and equip their knowledge for a sure and definite success." 😀

Now there's an interesting claim, "...The feedback and comments of the successful candidates highlight the importance of MCM braindump. Most of the IT professionals having MCM certification claim that it was possible only with the help of MCM brain dump. ..."

There are a very small number of MCM certified IT professionals. I'd be willing to bet the people who wrote that can't back that claim up, and it's a small enough total set that it would be very easy to debunk/prove the claim.

Might even be justification for a defamation case against the people who wrote it. Or at least a false advertising case.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared. Those were not my words. So, don't blame me for what other sites are claiming. They are the ones saying it, and not only that, if you look close enough some of the sites, they are even guaranteeing it. 😀

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

Not my words. There, don't blame me for what other people are claiming. They are the ones saying it, and not only that, if you look close enough some of the sites, they are even guaranteeing it. 😀

They didn't come here offering it up as proof. You did. Are you really saying you believe everything you read on the web?

• No, of course not, but are you saying emphatically there are no braindumps available out there on the Internet? 😀

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

No, of course not, but are you saying emphatically there are no braindumps available out there on the Internet? 😀

Based on the utter lack of evidence from you and the robust evidence I've seen from Robert and Microsoft while working with them on the MCM program, yes.

• Robust? Then, I will use your own advice, prove there isn't. 😀

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

Robust? Then, I will use your own advice, prove there isn't. 😀

Travis, if you walk into a meeting of scientists and say, "I believe there's rainbow-pooping unicorns until anyone proves otherwise," you'll win. No one can prove there's no unicorns that poop rainbows, and no one will waste time with your claims.

Furthermore, you've made it into my very short list of people that I wouldn't help even if they paid me. While Robert's way too polite to say it, I bet you've made his list as well. Congratulations on completely alienating an MCM who loves giving help for free, and the guy who manages the MCM program. Nothing says future success like that.

• Brent Ozar (2/17/2012)

TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

Robust? Then, I will use your own advice, prove there isn't. 😀

Travis, if you walk into a meeting of scientists and say, "I believe there's rainbow-pooping unicorns until anyone proves otherwise," you'll win. No one can prove there's no unicorns that poop rainbows, and no one will waste time with your claims.

Furthermore, you've made it into my very short list of people that I wouldn't help even if they paid me. While Robert's way too polite to say it, I bet you've made his list as well. Congratulations on completely alienating an MCM who loves giving help for free, and the guy who manages the MCM program. Nothing says future success like that.

Ok, Brent you win. But I will close by saying that both you and Robert, with the upmost due respect to both of you, have a vested interest in this topic, so your objectiveity in this matter is a little tilted IMHO. 😀

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

Ok, Brent you win. But I will close by saying that both you and Robert, with the upmost due respect to both of you, have a vested interest in this topic, so your objectiveity in this matter is a little tilted IMHO. 😀

Can you elaborate a little more on why I would have a vested interest in singing the praises of the MCM? Why I would want more people to get a rare certificate that I hold, and the rareness of which helps me earn a great living? Keep in mind that I don't sell any MCM training whatsoever, and I don't make a dime off anybody getting the certificate.

• You, Paul R, and Kimberly Tripp do many of the MCM Readiness Videos I have seen many of them myself.:-D

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

You, Paul R, and Kimberly Tripp do many of the MCM Readiness Videos I have seen many of them myself.:-D

Did you pay a lot for those?

• I don't want to argue back and forth with you Brent. Like I said, you win. Have a great day. 😀

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

I don't want to argue back and forth with you Brent. Like I said, you win. Have a great day. 😀

Of course you don't. You just want to lob insults at products and people, but when it comes time to defend your baseless accusations, off you go.

Have a really crappy day.

• Glad to see i'm not the only one who has been drinking at lunch.

Can we all play nicely please.

• TravisDBA (2/17/2012)

GSquared. Those were not my words. So, don't blame me for what other sites are claiming. They are the ones saying it, and not only that, if you look close enough some of the sites, they are even guaranteeing it. 😀

Not blaming you for it. That's why I said things like "whoever wrote it". You were quoting, not originating.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply