Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,266 through 8,280 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Mass. says "No Vendor Default PWDs"

    You're welcome. Like I said, though, it's third party so anyone who has real concerns should go look up the actual legislation.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Interview "Don'ts"

    I didn't read the article as forbidding small talk. I read it as saying "Don't blabber about nothing in particular." Some small talk is inevitable and the interviewee should utilize...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Interview "Don'ts"

    I have to wonder how many people have done at least one of these things at their interview and got the job anyway.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL 2005 Job Step Failing - Set Database To Multi_User from Single User Mode

    SSIS has a lot of options available to help you out, but if you're looking for a T-SQL Solution, you can easily go with ye ole Left Outer Join with...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Common questions asked in SQL Server DBA Interview

    abbi1680 (8/18/2009)


    Hi,

    Could you please email me the screening sql server dba questions.

    Apparently you haven't been reading this topic closely enough. There's no list. Different companies ask different questions. It's not...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DBA career advice request

    hshah (8/18/2009)


    I am sure i can come back here to learn more about sql and ask any questions i may have.

    Absolutely!

    Glad we could help.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DBA career advice request

    The differences between the two are slight. When 2005 came out, Microsoft emphasized the developer tools over the admin tools. They've rectified this with 2008 having some T-SQL enhancements and...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Is Microsoft Certification Becoming Worthless?

    Gail, that is so awesome that you got to be MVP. If I had one, I'd be displaying that too. @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DBA career advice request

    Nice link, Gail! Thanks for sharing.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Is Microsoft Certification Becoming Worthless?

    Lynn Pettis (8/17/2009)


    To be honest, I think I'm underpaid. I work hard, get things done.

    DittoDitto. Amen to all of that. And the list of "stuff what needs done" just...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Is Microsoft Certification Becoming Worthless?

    I'm not going to share personal salary info, but I will give you a fair idea of what my job entails.

    Basic Production Admin duties including job creation / maint., db...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DBA career advice request

    As GSquared said, there are a lot of different DBA types you could be. But my personal opinion is that you can't be any of them without understanding the basic...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Is Microsoft Certification Becoming Worthless?

    I haven't seen anyone laminate their cert. Usually, people keep the original at home and put a nice color photocopy in a frame at their desk. I personally have too...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Is Microsoft Certification Becoming Worthless?

    Silverfox (8/17/2009)


    Maybe it is different in the US, But in the UK, it is a problem for experienced DBA's to find work. having to compete against people who have got...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Browsing packages stored in MSDB

    I found two possible tables, but the data there is mostly hex and non-readable. I'll take your profiler suggestion and see if I can figure it out. But somehow I...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 8,266 through 8,280 (of 9,728 total)