Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 7,711 through 7,725 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Today's Random Word!

    Oh, here's one I'm sure we haven't had:

    r@n|)0m.

    Because I'm feeling silly. @=) Hey, in my defense, at least I didn't use Wingdings!

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Variable assignment error

    No, the setting to zero has been invoked before and worked fine. That's why I don't understand why it's failing now.

    I've tried .0 and 0.0 this morning and both failed....

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Trace

    ODPOA (8/10/2010)


    My task.

    -Create daily backups of the changes made that day

    -Apply those changes to a remote database

    Okay, then we're going about this the wrong way.

    The engine you're using is...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Trace

    It occurs to me that you need to start this over from scratch. Forget about your desired end result for a moment. What is the task(s) you were given to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (8/10/2010)


    BrainDonor (8/10/2010)


    Someone has landed a job as a DBA and hasn't heard about recovery models.

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic966360-1292-1.aspx#bm966429

    Could someone take over please, I was trying to be helpful until the last reply...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BrainDonor (8/10/2010)


    Someone has landed a job as a DBA and hasn't heard about recovery models.

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic966360-1292-1.aspx#bm966429

    Could someone take over please, I was trying to be helpful until the last reply and...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Question about Management Studio connection

    Okay, I get what you're saying. Sorry, I'm being dumb. @=)

    I don't know why Activity Monitor opens with you in tempdb, but I'm not sure it really matters. As far...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Variable assignment error

    Hmm. I didn't think about trying Object. I'll give that a shot.

    But I'm not mistaken, am I, that 0 as a value should work fine in a Double datatype? ...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Trace

    ODPOA (8/10/2010)


    I would LIKE to log the actual code, but that doesnt seem possible.

    This is part of our confusion. Logging the actual code has nothing to do with backing up...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Trace

    ODPOA (8/10/2010)


    Backing up ALL changes is relevant as the data is important and all relevant to other data elsewhere in the database.

    Also I have looked I dont see any option...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Trace

    GilaMonster (8/10/2010)


    You can try, but I don't know if the SQL 2008 client tools can set up log shipping on...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jcrawf02 (8/9/2010)


    CirquedeSQLeil (8/9/2010)


    Of the people that have a Kindle or Nook or both, can books be shared between people with the same device?

    I think one of those has a 'lending'...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS & Environment Variables

    How are you setting your environment variables?

    Where do you store your values (table, XML Config file, etc.)?

    What string are you using to call the package and what is the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Question about Management Studio connection

    Ellen-477471 (8/9/2010)


    I am curious as to why when I connect to the server through the Management Studio it connects to this particular database.... I would have thought it would be...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Is it wrong to cry when someone tells me they don't know what Bulk-Logged is?

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic961511-146-2.aspx#bm966015

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 7,711 through 7,725 (of 9,728 total)