Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Move files without moving subfolder files

    So I thought this was solved, but the code I can run in the Powershell UI doesn't want to run in a SQL Job Step.

    Any thoughts on this...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Move files without moving subfolder files

    Thom A - Monday, July 2, 2018 7:30 AM

    Brandie Tarvin - Monday, July 2, 2018 7:12 AM

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Move files without moving subfolder files

    For anyone else who reads this thread later, it helps to put a file existence check around the file move. Otherwise (as I just found out) the job step fails...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Move files without moving subfolder files

    Jeff Moden - Monday, July 2, 2018 6:49 AM

    I guess I don't understand why the equivalent of a DIR command on...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Move files without moving subfolder files

    Thom A - Monday, July 2, 2018 6:39 AM

    I'f I'm understanding correctly, Brandie, this should do what you want. By default Get-ChildItem...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Perfmon and PAL template issue

    Lynn Pettis - Friday, June 29, 2018 8:24 AM

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I have a perfmon / PAL template issue over at https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/1971907/Perfmon-and-PAL-template-issue. If anyone could assist, I'd greatly appreciate it.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    sgmunson - Friday, June 8, 2018 7:55 AM

    Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:11 AM

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    Phil Parkin - Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:26 AM

     Your XML is incorrectly formed, by the way ... needs </headesk> 🙂

    @=pbbbbbt.

    😛

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    <headdesk>

    Found out what the problem is.

    My PC is hosed. Something (we're not sure what) won't let Visual Studio see the .dll in the Windows\System32 folder even...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    sgmunson - Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:07 AM

    Brandie Tarvin - Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:38 AM

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    Okay, that script task didn't work. Back to trying the script component. Will keep you updated on what finally works.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    <HEADDESK>

    I already added the Reference. But I forgot to add the stupid "using" statement. Sometimes it's the simplest things we miss.

    Thanks, Jack. Now I can...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    Thanks, Jack. I'll look over the links.

    Regarding the .dll, someone else built it for this purpose. I'm not sure if it was the vendor or one of our...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object variables, ADO Recordsets, & decrypting column

    Bumping the post because I have received no answers for the last question. I've switched back to trying to use the .dll in a Script Task (rather than a Script...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 9,728 total)