Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: CASE to table conversion

    I'll look into decision tables. Thank you for the suggestion, Joe.

    Scott, I appreciate your input, but I want to make a non-code based solution if possible. The reason...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Am I really the only one annoyed by Mr. Ansi's "Please post DDL and follow ANSI/ISO standards when asking for help." response to the debate when the question didn't even...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: NOT IN vs NOT EXISTS

    Thom A - Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:59 AM

    Perhaps my initial post mislead people, but the query in my initial post wasn't...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: NOT IN vs NOT EXISTS

    Jeff Moden - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:04 PM

    Ask the ring knocker if he likes pork chops and then feed him your...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:17 PM

    Looks like I will be doing a deep dive to finally get my...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:54 PM

    Okay.  I had my annual review yesterday, and it was good.  Also had a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:30 AM

    Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:24 AM

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WHEE!

    Just got a text from my mom, who is watching the munchkin.

    Guess who just figured out how to do that silly clapping thing Mommy &...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    In retail, people are taught to be honest when they don't know something but also to follow it up with a promise that they will find out and...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: NOT IN vs NOT EXISTS

    Okay, so I do have an additional question. Why use the specific WHERE clauses you've used? Why not test the NOT IN with specific values?

    Why are you using...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: NOT IN vs NOT EXISTS

    I've never actually played with EXISTS / NOT EXISTS, so I should probably try it out and see if it helps with our ITD feed processes, which are taking longer...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: CASE to table conversion

    So basically I am looking at a table to store all the possible combinations in.

    I want to avoid a function if possible. I'd have to call it inside...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jasona.work - Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:56 AM

    So, seeing Lynn's reply to this: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/2005945/I-need-to-combine-two-unrelated-queries-to-produce-needed-results I was curious about something.

    When you post a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Michael L John - Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:27 AM

    When I see something like this stated in a forum post, I kind...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Oracle SQL Developer to MS SQL Server

    frederico_fonseca - Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:09 AM

    should be able to do any T-SQL required - no designers like SSMS but those...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 9,728 total)