Viewing 15 posts - 3,436 through 3,450 (of 9,728 total)
You need to find common ground with them. What work culture thing or real life thing do they all have in common?
For instance, when I was teaching kids about databases,...
August 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm
ARGGGGH!
The crappy thing about a new computer?
Trying to remember what I did many years ago to get the CTRL-SHIFT-C and CTRL-SHIFT-R combinations to comment out code in SQL 2008. I...
August 30, 2013 at 11:57 am
YAY! I have a new computer at work.
Which means I have just spent all morning recovering all my SSMS options, importing my email files, etc. etc. And now I have...
August 30, 2013 at 10:41 am
Jeff Moden (8/29/2013)
Brandie Tarvin (8/29/2013)
K. Brian Kelley (8/29/2013)
August 30, 2013 at 10:39 am
K. Brian Kelley (8/29/2013)
August 29, 2013 at 7:59 am
das.saroj09 (8/29/2013)
August 29, 2013 at 7:17 am
das.saroj09 (8/29/2013)
That's one of the reasons I color code my instances' query windows in SSMS (green for Dev, yellow for Test, orange for QC, and red for Production). The colors...
August 29, 2013 at 7:13 am
K. Brian Kelley (8/29/2013)
A great product for ensuring the proper color coding based on server name, for instance, is Mladen's SSMS Tools Pack.
I just use the regular OPTIONS available...
August 29, 2013 at 6:59 am
David Burrows (8/29/2013)
Jan Van der Eecken (8/29/2013)
August 29, 2013 at 4:53 am
The main issue with having separate accounts and instances for Dev and Prod is that for one-stop shops like the one I work it, a sysadmin can still have multiple...
August 29, 2013 at 4:39 am
GilaMonster (8/28/2013)
Can someone please help this poor gentleman deny restore rights to a sysadminhttp://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1489312-359-1.aspx
If I understand his OP, he did it to himself.
August 28, 2013 at 11:58 am
You cannot prevent yourself from restoring a production database at any point in the future by any other method then double-checking your work before you hit the button.
Sysadmin will ALWAYS...
August 28, 2013 at 11:56 am
jasona.work (8/27/2013)
Brandie Tarvin (8/27/2013)
August 27, 2013 at 11:46 am
Stefan Krzywicki (8/27/2013)
Brandie Tarvin (8/27/2013)
August 27, 2013 at 11:44 am
GenCon was a working vacation. I worked 3 eight hour shifts in the Catalyst Game Labs booth, helping run the Shadowrun Experience (the interactive demo of our fifth edition rules)....
August 27, 2013 at 7:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,436 through 3,450 (of 9,728 total)