Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Someone needs to have a talk with that David Burrows guy. He's talking crazy in another thread. Like suggesting I could use SQL Server tables to solve a C# problem...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    David Burrows (10/30/2015)


    As an alternative you could define a DataTable to contain JobName and Response columns, add rows using a loop (similar to above) and output to a Grid, this...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    #HEADDESK

    I just realized. Here I am passing in my job names through the config file so that I can change just the config instead of the webpage code when someone...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    David Burrows (10/30/2015)


    Or

    string[] MyJobs = SvrBJobNames.Split(',');

    if there are no empty entries 😉

    Hrmm. You have a point. I think I was misinterpreting what the RemoveEmptyEntries meant. Thank you for commenting on...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    Sean Lange (10/30/2015)


    Oh you are going to be super frustrated.

    public string[] MyJobs = SvrBJobNames .Split(new char[15]), {",", StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);

    You are missing your closing } in your array declaration. Not sure...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Sean Lange (10/30/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (10/30/2015)


    Sean Lange (10/30/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (10/30/2015)


    Anyone here with mad C# skills? I need some help with a VS 2012 C# project that I'm updating.

    Nevermind. One of our...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    Hrm. Okay. Solution is PARTIALLY working. For using single valued app keys, I have no problem. Example:

    In the config file

    <appSettings>

    <add key="JobNamesServerA" value="Job1A" />

    </appSettings>

    In the webpage

    public partial...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Sean Lange (10/30/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (10/30/2015)


    Anyone here with mad C# skills? I need some help with a VS 2012 C# project that I'm updating.

    Nevermind. One of our developers finally responded to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Michael L John (10/30/2015)


    Brandie Tarvin (10/30/2015)


    Anyone here with mad C# skills? I need some help with a VS 2012 C# project that I'm updating.

    Nevermind. One of our developers finally responded...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: VS 2012 - C# question on configuration files

    Nevermind. One of our developers finally responded to my request for assistance and is sending me an example of what I need.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Anyone here with mad C# skills? I need some help with a VS 2012 C# project that I'm updating.

    Nevermind. One of our developers finally responded to my request for assistance.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: The ABCs of Database Creation

    Eric M Russell (10/29/2015)


    Maybe I'm missing something, but the table appears to lack a unique index on the natural key, which would allow duplicates. This would normally be a requirement...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ed Wagner (10/28/2015)


    Eirikur Eiriksson (10/28/2015)


    At least some people have proper manners

    😎

    That type of thing is very nice to see. It conveys genuine gratitude. Thanks, Eirikur, for posting a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Thank you to the Forum

    On behalf of all the regulars who already saw this but haven't yet responded, you are welcome. It's people like you that we do this for.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: The ABCs of Database Creation

    cschnaars (10/29/2015)


    Overall, this is a great back-to-basics article. Thank you!

    Minor quibble: Your article says tinyint goes up to 251. It's 255.

    In my defense, I have fumble fingers. I'll get Steve...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 9,728 total)