Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Grant Fritchey (10/27/2015)

Great Summit so far. I've been able to talk to Gail & Lynn and Rod. Saw Gianluca as I was running between events. Any Threadsters I'm missing, track me down.

Actually, I won't because I'm not at the summit, but couldn't help myself. πŸ˜€

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Brandie Tarvin (10/27/2015)

Lovely.

We have the URLDefense ProofPoint software to prevent bad URL links. But when the site goes down, so does our ability to navigate to the sites in the emails. Every time I get a notification email, I now have to open up a web browser and manually navigate to the forums and then each thread, hoping I'm looking at the correct forum group to find the thread I was subscribed to.

GRRR.

EDIT: Nobody gets to post to this site until the stupid 3P software gets itself fixed. Okay? πŸ˜‰

You could also use the Recent Posts or Active Threads links. πŸ˜‰

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares (10/27/2015)

Yeah, me either. I hope the next one is closer to Michigan. I'm watching for the announcement after this year's summit is over.

• Ed Wagner (10/27/2015)

Luis Cazares (10/27/2015)

Yeah, me either. I hope the next one is closer to Michigan. I'm watching for the announcement after this year's summit is over.

Detroit in February would be great time and place for Summit!

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

Great Summit so far. I've been able to talk to Gail & Lynn and Rod. Saw Gianluca as I was running between events. Any Threadsters I'm missing, track me down.

Been really good so far. So glad that Jack offered to help me out at the summit. I wouldn't have met anyone yet if left to my own devices. Looking forward to tonight!

• Michael L John (10/27/2015)

Ed Wagner (10/27/2015)

Luis Cazares (10/27/2015)

Detroit in February would be great time and place for Summit!

Yeah, it would. Honestly, I just hoping for anywhere in the midwest.

• Lynn Pettis (10/27/2015)

Grant Fritchey (10/27/2015)

Been really good so far. So glad that Jack offered to help me out at the summit. I wouldn't have met anyone yet if left to my own devices. Looking forward to tonight!

good to see you, Lynn.

Summit has been a good time so far.

• Koen Verbeeck (10/27/2015)

Happy birthday geezer. It's beer O'clock πŸ™‚

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

It's been a lot of fun so far.

As Grant said caught up with him a couple of times, well we are in the same hotel, so I was a honary redgater Sunday morning for breakfast πŸ˜‰

Always good to catch up with Gail, although I'd stand well back when Gail is eating... She is even deadly with a plastic fork πŸ˜€

Lynn, haven't seen you yet, I really hope to meet you today, as I don't want another Jack search... First summit took all week to find him...

Gianluca, I have seen him everywhere... After failing to see him at all at last years SQLBits πŸ˜‰ And he totally killed at the karaoke last night. He was the last one up. Sang Pearl Jams Alive, boy did he ROCK!!

Rodders...

• ChrisM@Work (10/28/2015)

Koen Verbeeck (10/27/2015)

Proost

😎

• At least some people have proper manners

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (10/28/2015)

At least some people have proper manners

😎

That type of thing is very nice to see. It conveys genuine gratitude. Thanks, Eirikur, for posting a link here.

• Ed Wagner (10/28/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (10/28/2015)

At least some people have proper manners

😎

That type of thing is very nice to see. It conveys genuine gratitude. Thanks, Eirikur, for posting a link here.

Ditto.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• frankly i dont think anybody expects a thank you when they post answers to the question but damn does it feel nice:-)

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• ChrisM@Work (10/28/2015)

Koen Verbeeck (10/27/2015)

Thanks man!

(and Eirikur as well)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 51,121 through 51,135 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply