The Geek Costume

• Gary Varga (10/31/2014)

...there was a big announcement from them that basically said that no one was leaving that night with their own spouse.

What do you expect from a caveman?

• Luis Cazares (10/31/2014)

I could get a fancy hawaiian shirt, remove some hair and dress up as Steve Jones :hehe:

Yay, and ouch. πŸ˜‰

• barry.mcanally (10/31/2014)

This is my Michael Myers outfit complete with movie replica mask. Gave a few folks a fright already and I'm only just walking my husky!

For some reason, I was expecting something like Austin Powers. Wrong Michael Myers. πŸ˜€

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course. πŸ™‚

(BTW, the avatar I've chosen for my account on SSC is of Tom Baker, who played the Doctor, from 1974 until 1981. He is my all time favorite actor to play the Doctor. Here's a list of all of the episodes Baker was in. And here's a link to Tom Baker on Wikipedia.

Rod

• I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course.

Hey, if you're the Ninth Doctor, all you need is a leather jacket.

And a bad American accent. Oh, wait. That's him on The Leftovers. Carry on!

--- Remember, if you don't document your work, Apollo 13 doesn't come home.

• thottle (10/31/2014)

I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course.

I'm an American, and I have a firm belief that the Doctor should NEVER be played by an American. Only someone from the British Isles.

Rod

• I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course.

I'm an American, and I have a firm belief that the Doctor should NEVER be played by an American. Only someone from the British Isles.

Agreed. But you have to admit between Tennant and Ecclestone, both doing American series this year, Ecclestone is doing a horrible job burying his native accent. Tennant's accent is better than Dominic West's (who I didn't know was British until the third season of The Wire.)

--- Remember, if you don't document your work, Apollo 13 doesn't come home.

• I had a friend and his wife go to a party this year as an NFL player and a battered wife. But, my favorite costume has got to be the tauntaun costume from the Goldbergs.

Aigle de Guerre!

• Meow Now (10/31/2014)

I had a friend and his wife go to a party this year as an NFL player and a battered wife. But, my favorite costume has got to be the tauntaun costume from the Goldbergs.

Awesome!

• Doctor Who 2 (10/31/2014)

I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course. πŸ™‚

(BTW, the avatar I've chosen for my account on SSC is of Tom Baker, who played the Doctor, from 1974 until 1981. He is my all time favorite actor to play the Doctor. Here's a list of all of the episodes Baker was in. And here's a link to Tom Baker on Wikipedia.

There is someone in my office today as the 4th Doctor.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• thottle (10/31/2014)

I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course.

Agreed. But you have to admit between Tennant and Ecclestone, both doing American series this year, Ecclestone is doing a horrible job burying his native accent. Tennant's accent is better than Dominic West's (who I didn't know was British until the third season of The Wire.)

HA! HA! HA! Yes, I do agree with you.

Rod

• Stefan Krzywicki (10/31/2014)

Doctor Who 2 (10/31/2014)

I'd go as The Doctor of the BBC TV program Doctor Who, of course. πŸ™‚

There is someone in my office today as the 4th Doctor.

Oh, AWESOME!! I've gone as the 4th Doctor to a few parties; but where I can't pull it off is I don't have anything like the boots that Baker wore.

Rod

• In my last job, the IS department went as data pirates. Security wasn't happy with us sporting USB keys (broken) as ear rings and such, given it was a TS military base. :Wow: But we demonstrated the various parts couldn't be assembled into some sort of storage device. My bosses boss got into trouble when he forgot to flip his badge when they took pictures.

• A long time ago, I dressed up as Kermit the Protocol. That was the geekiest thing I ever dressed as. My coworker dressed as The Ghost of Version 1.0. We worked at a software company.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply