indian authors for sql server book

• hi all

can anybody provide me the name of indian writers for sql server beginners book which i shuld buy to increase my knoledge

• anu1krishna (5/11/2009)

hi all

can anybody provide me the name of indian writers for sql server beginners book which i shuld buy to increase my knoledge

Hi,

Why only Indian why not others?

ARUN SAS

• Same question I was going to ask. Why only Indian authors? Wouldn't it be better to just go for the best books, regardless of the ethnic origin of the author?

For example, if I were learning TSQL, I'd go for Itzik Ben-Gan's books. I'm sorry he's not Indian, but he's one of the best.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• this is not the ans of my question please dont ask question if u dont wann to give ans.//

• Please write out your question and be polite. I think this is a legitimate question to give you guidance.

this is not the ans of my question please dont ask question if u dont wann to give ans.//

In answer to your question, none that I know of. In response to your comment above, sometimes we ask questions to further our understanding of your question. I hope that isn't a problem for you.

• You can check here: http://www.sqlauthority.com

this is not the ans of my question please dont ask question if u dont wann to give ans.//

Your original question ....

...got people to wondering if you want to "increase your knowledge" or were doing a narrow survey of Indian authors who've contributed to the field. Is it not reasonable that someone who's offering help to strangers on the internet asks for clarification of an ambiguous request?

hi all

If you look on Amazon.com, there are a number of SQL Server books with authors whose names appear, to me, to be Indian. They could easily, of course, be Americans or Brits or whatever, with immigrant ancestors. I also have trouble telling apart Bangladeshi names from Indian ones, and so on, so I could be confusing those.

But do take a look on Amazon.com and search for "SQL Server", and take a look at author names. You might be able to research them online and find out their actual nationality. That's usually pretty easy for authors and such.

Does that help?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

I'm gonna be generous and put that down to something being "lost in translation".

(I am feeling particularly generous today)

Can I ask - are you looking for a book in an Indian language (if so, which one?) or specifically by an author who was born/raised/had lived in/wrote the book while in/ India?

Cheers,

Paul

hi all

anu1krishna (5/11/2009)

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic709879-263-1.aspx#bm710190

its not just a matter of having A DEGREE but its matter of your way of utilizing you abilities in the sensiful manner .

You came up just a wee bit short on "sensiful manner" on that one.

I can, however, recommend an excellent book on how to cook pork chops. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I just give it a shot on the google but no results for Indian aurthor for SQL Server. BLOGS can be found by Indians ( and I guessed that by their names only)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• Sajal Dam wrote the SQL Server 2000 version of Query Performance Tuning Distilled, and his name is still on the 2008 version since about 20% of the text is still his. There's one.

This one seems to be.

This one.

This one.

Here's Sajal Dam.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Jeff Moden (5/11/2009)

I can, however, recommend an excellent book on how to cook pork chops. 😉

Jeff and the meat... *sigh*

😀

• @Grant: No fair! You cheated by spending more than five seconds searching Google! :laugh:

@Flo: I know, it's becoming a worry...

I would have thought that brussels sprouts would be worse than pork chops...?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply