Fixing ‘A required Privilege is not held by client’ Error

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Fixing ‘A required Privilege is not held by client’ Error

• 'A required Privilege is not held by client' is raised in a variety of scenarios.
    As a proactive measure you should also use the SQL Server documentation's Configure Windows Service Accounts and Permissions URL (change SQL Server version on that page, if needed) to verify and align your SQL Server system with that URL's "Windows Privileges and Rights" section, for all of your system's installed service accounts (identified in that section). That verification and alignment is especially important when at least one advanced privilege or right is found to be missing. Otherwise it is possible for your SQL Server system to experience additional, unexpected, 'A required Privilege is not held by client' errors in the future.

• I have one question that isn't answered in your article, when were the Windows patches that were installed pushed out to your servers?  Were they from the most recent "Patch Tuesday" of 10-July-2018?

• Hi Jasona, 
    Not pretty sure about the exact patch date but it was noticed post May it seems. 
    Vishnu

• VishnuGupthanSQLPowershellDBA - Monday, July 16, 2018 8:15 AM

Hi Jasona, 
    Not pretty sure about the exact patch date but it was noticed post May it seems. 
    Vishnu

OK, thank you for the info.  I was concerned it might've been the most recent updates, in which case I'd need to be cautious (more than usual) this month.

• I encountered Scenario #2 last April after GPO rollout by another team and did the same by adding "Replace a Process Level Token" to SQL Server Service Account.

• Yep...getting the Policy "Replace a process level token" updated with the account that the SQL Server Service is running under definitely fixed the problem.

Now able to deploy SSISDB projects to the server.

• Took me a couple of days to finally find this article and the fix in Scenario 2 but it worked for me!!

• Glad to know that it worked well for you.

Vishnu Gupthan

http://www.powershell4u.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply