Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Luke L (11/6/2009)

jcrawf02 (11/6/2009)

So then we've finally found a definitive benefit of RBAR - environment control

Jeff's gonna be pissed...

Though I suppose if you get it to raise the temps enough you could grill some nice pork chops on the outside of the case :w00t:

Hmmmm..... maybe Global Warming has a different source.

And to calculate the number of chillers needed for a data center, you need to factor in the code being executed.

Way too much to think about on a Friday.

Greg E

• If I'm not mistaken, PASS was Mon-Thu, right? So what's traditional for people to do on Friday? Fly home? Ad hoc activities? Or is there something scheduled and I just didn't read it?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• chill, socialize, and fly home.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Luke L (11/6/2009)

jcrawf02 (11/6/2009)

So then we've finally found a definitive benefit of RBAR - environment control

Jeff's gonna be pissed...

Though I suppose if you get it to raise the temps enough you could grill some nice pork chops on the outside of the case :w00t:

Sweet mother of pearl, those are some nice grill marks on the Pork Chops Batman.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• GSquared (11/6/2009)

If I'm not mistaken, PASS was Mon-Thu, right?

Mon-Fri. Main conference was Tues-Thurs, pre-con on monday, post-con on friday.

Grant says Hi.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/6/2009)

GSquared (11/6/2009)

Grant says Hi.

Geek of the Week is too uppity to mingle in person, eh?:-P

It sounds from the blogging like there are also some Microsoft events that are Non-Disclosure Agreement specific going on today, so some folks are probably wrapped up in those.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (11/6/2009)

His high eliteness is busy taking notes on the session content. 😉

It sounds from the blogging like there are also some Microsoft events that are Non-Disclosure Agreement specific going on today, so some folks are probably wrapped up in those.

Yup, that's where we are.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• jcrawf02 (11/6/2009)

GilaMonster (11/6/2009)

GSquared (11/6/2009)

Grant says Hi.

What's going on? We need personal geek smack-down in here?

Hey guys. PASS Summit has been crazy-nuts-busy. Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• And yeah, I'm taking a sip from the NDA firehose. The water tastes flipping GREAT! I strongly recommend it. This is some slick stuff.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• I guess you guys are/had a wonderful time at PASS. 🙂

-Roy

• Good time at PASS, sorry you guys didn't make it.

Bob is in the podcast today (briefly).

Grant, see if someone will post an NDA summary in the newsgroups. Would be nice for those of us stuck in the trees.

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/6/2009)

Grant, see if someone will post an NDA summary in the newsgroups. Would be nice for those of us stuck in the trees.

Mail Ed and ask if they'll upload the slide decks somewhere. iirc some were last year.

Gail Shaw

• Roy Ernest (11/6/2009)

I guess you guys are/had a wonderful time at PASS. 🙂

To say the very least, yes, it was wonderful.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/6/2009)

Good time at PASS, sorry you guys didn't make it.

Bob is in the podcast today (briefly).

I'm not there now, sorry Steve. I'll ask around tonight. The sessions I did hit were pretty interesting. We've got fun toys coming down the pike.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Well, I couldn't make it to the PASS Summit. I know there's no way I can enjoy the great time most seem to have had, but I certainly am looking forward to the set of DVDs. At least I can get some extra knowledge out of those.

🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 9,061 through 9,075 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply