Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Welcome back Jasona

• jasona.work wrote:

So catching up and getting back into the forums here...

Saw the talk about the SQL conferences and this may be the first year I go to PASS Summit!  When my supervisor gets back in the office I plan to raise the idea with him, it'll be in the "next" fiscal year so hopefully the budget will be there to cover the costs.

WOO HOO!!!

See you there. (fingers crossed)

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• jasona.work wrote:

So catching up and getting back into the forums here...

Saw the talk about the SQL conferences and this may be the first year I go to PASS Summit!  When my supervisor gets back in the office I plan to raise the idea with him, it'll be in the "next" fiscal year so hopefully the budget will be there to cover the costs.

good luck and hope to see you there.

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

SQLBits, but call for speakers closed months ago. That's the big one in the UK. Next is Relay. The call for speakers probably opens late spring. After that, Data Ceilie (sp?) in Ireland and then various Data & SQL Saturday events.

I can list some in europe too if you want.

Just wanted to say thanks on this again, Grant. Work has given me the green light for SQLBits; it's a bit (no pun intended) last minute though so all the hotels are pretty booked, but hoping to still get there. Hopefully I'll be looking forward to it. 🙂

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks on this again, Grant. Work has given me the green light for SQLBits; it's a bit (no pun intended) last minute though so all the hotels are pretty booked, but hoping to still get there. Hopefully I'll be looking forward to it. 🙂

Excellent. hope to see you there.

• Thom A wrote:

Oh, I didn't do a darned thing, but I'm very happy it worked out for you. Be sure you look me up at the event and say hi. I'll be around the Redgate boot pretty frequently if nowhere else.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Got the first post on a page again... and again, it's not showing up until another post (this one) is made.

I reported that bug in May 2022. I guess they're still working on it.

• homebrew01 wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

Got the first post on a page again... and again, it's not showing up until another post (this one) is made.

I reported that bug in May 2022. I guess they're still working on it.

No work done. This was escalated, but there is a  BBPress upgrade, that requires a WP upgrade, which depends on a PHP upgrade, which was held for an OS upgrade.

The test systems got set up in Dec (finally), and there is some portion of this in progress, but this was delayed, or has been delayed, 6mos as this is a major upgrade and needs testing. I submitted some stuff in Dec/Jan that needed fixing/doc'ing before an upgrade, and not sure where we stand. A lot of internal work has limited resource work here, and since this spans my dev's and the Ops teams, it's going really slow.

• Have you ever checked into a bitnami stack for the open source portion of this?

AWS:

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/apps/wordpress/administration/create-custom-application-php/

Getting Started:

https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/get-started-virtualbox/

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

... but there is a  BBPress upgrade, that requires a WP upgrade, which depends on a PHP upgrade, which was held for an OS upgrade.

Good lord.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

No work done. This was escalated, but there is a  BBPress upgrade, that requires a WP upgrade, which depends on a PHP upgrade, which was held for an OS upgrade.

Is that all?

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Are any thredizens going to be in Atlanta for SQL Saturday BI Edition???

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Michael L John wrote:

Are any thredizens going to be in Atlanta for SQL Saturday BI Edition???

Nope. But I am in Austin for SQL Saturday here.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

... but there is a  BBPress upgrade, that requires a WP upgrade, which depends on a PHP upgrade, which was held for an OS upgrade.

Good lord.

Indeed. They've kicked the can on the PHP upgrade, which is the worst part. Waited so long, the OS (and SQL) need moving.

• Michael L John wrote:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Is that all?

well, not really. There are custom fixes for a few things. We try to minimize these and they do submit PRs back to WP or Project Nami or BB Press, but those don't always get merged. So once this is upgraded, there will be some things they forget to re-fix.

Viewing 15 posts - 66,226 through 66,240 (of 66,548 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply