Are the posted questions getting worse?

• LOL, I'm fairly clean when I cook, washing pots and dishes while I can. I like to have things relatively clean and neat when I'm done.

Now my FIL, I'm not sure he cleans anything and tries desparately to get flour on every surface and use as many things as possible. I somewhat cringe when he wants to cook something.

I did manage to fill the jar yesterday

20200323_075308

• BrainDonor wrote:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

MVDBA (Mike Vessey) wrote:

... worse, my Monday morning ritual is to leave early and grab a mcdonalds breakfast - they were closed ๐Ÿ™

Not sure if you like cooking, but it's something that's a nice way to break away from other stuff. I find it very relaxing. Baked cookies last night, made some fried potatoes this am and left a bunch on the stove for others to enjoy while I'm working.

I sometimes take a break from work and bake bread, pizzas or suchlike. My wife likes the results but I'm not the neatest in the kitchen. One day I was following some instructions, which said "Now leave the dough on a heavily floured surface". I took a look around the kitchen and thought "That will be the floor".

I'm not a morning person, I like quiet thinking and preparing for the day. the evening is for cooking and figuring out what went wrong today.

I suppose it's a constant cycle of post analysis and pre-prep

MVDBA

• MVDBA (Mike Vessey) wrote:

Grant - just reading your wordpress blog - it strikes me that I'm missing some skills in monitoring SSRS and SSIS using XE... might be a nice topic

we all take SSIS and SSRS for granted, but maybe we should monitor them more

It's not an area I've worked with a ton, but yeah, SSIS has a bunch of metrics within XE.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Currently we have 13 people in the IT department andwe have 3 working from home, and 1 of those is a permantent home worker, so we only really have an extra 2 not in the office. I believe they have a "few" home working in the other departments, but I doubt we even have 10% of staff working from home at the moment; suspect we have more in isolation and not working from home right now.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

Currently we have 13 people in the IT department andwe have 3 working from home, and 1 of those is a permantent home worker, so we only really have an extra 2 not in the office. I believe they have a "few" home working in the other departments, but I doubt we even have 10% of staff working from home at the moment; suspect we have more in isolation and not working from home right now.

can you lend me a few? i'll take the few that are "not working from home" but in isolation ๐Ÿ™‚

MVDBA

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

LOL, I'm fairly clean when I cook, washing pots and dishes while I can. I like to have things relatively clean and neat when I'm done.

Now my FIL, I'm not sure he cleans anything and tries desparately to get flour on every surface and use as many things as possible. I somewhat cringe when he wants to cook something.

20200323_075308

Heh... that looks nasty... like someone took a bite out of a cookie and put it back in the jar.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Grant - just reading your wordpress blog - it strikes me that I'm missing some skills in monitoring SSRS and SSIS using XE... might be a nice topic

Heh... I never miss anything about SSIS or SSRS.ย  I normally use a .357 on every instance I find.ย  My skills are improving... I can actually sense one being stood up and shoot through the wall to hit it without looking.ย  Unfortunately, it's a skill that people seem to prefer that I leave off my resume. ๐Ÿ˜€

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

LOL, I'm fairly clean when I cook, washing pots and dishes while I can. I like to have things relatively clean and neat when I'm done.

20200323_075308

Heh... that looks nasty... like someone took a bite out of a cookie and put it back in the jar.

Do not talk to me about cookies and Jar files.... you might lose a limb ๐Ÿ™‚

MVDBA

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Heh... I never miss anything about SSIS or SSRS.ย  I normally use a .357 on every instance I find.ย  My skills are improving... I can actually sense one being stood up and shoot through the wall to hit it without looking.ย  Unfortunately, it's a skill that people seem to prefer that I leave off my resume. ๐Ÿ˜€

You should see my M4 with holo sights, laser, torch, tracer rounds and 16x2 scope - I can take an mdx query out from miles - shame it's only 4mm airsoft pellets at 500ft per second

MVDBA

• Top are GF cookies, and they break apart quickly.

Having worked as a chef for the better part of a decade I was definitely not clean in the kitchen at home. But over the last 15 or so years I have changed my work habits and now the kitchen is typically cleaner when I finish cooking then it was when I started.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 โ€“ Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

• I heard someone tell a rat controlling a garbage boy once that "clean sleeves are the mark of a good chef" and that clean workspaces lead to less accidents and faster prep.

But I just reheat stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

Jeff Moden wrote:

You should see my M4 with holo sights, laser, torch, tracer rounds and 16x2 scope - I can take an mdx query out from miles - shame it's only 4mm airsoft pellets at 500ft per second

You need to step up to the Mark I Mod III pork chop launcher... you can eat the ammo you don't use. ๐Ÿ˜€

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

20200323_075308

Would you believe that 'we' chose to start a f!$%ing diet plan last week.ย  Cut down on pasta, bread, potatoes and alcohol.ย  We're supposed to reduce beans and pulses too, not to mention avoid cakes and biscuits.ย  There's admittedly none of these things in the shops but that's not the point, it would nice to be able to buy them if I wanted.ย  Also admittedly, we needed to lose a pound or two but we really picked our moment.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    โ€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• low carb diet? - I eat bread or fries once a week. It makes me sleepy.

I found that a lot of veg and chicken is a good way to go(grilled asparagus in honey and black pepper)... as for giving up beer - never ,it's my stress relief after dealing with the juniors in my team

MVDBA

Viewing 15 posts - 64,741 through 64,755 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply