Are the posted questions getting worse?

• frederico_fonseca

SSChampion

For some reason, I'm not seeing a "report" link on this post. Can someone report it for me?

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/editing-a-post#post-3678729%5B/quote%5D

If not mistaken that is one I managed to report - once its done no one else can report it.

I do miss the old forums where 3 strikes (from some of the regular users) would ban the user being reported.

• x

SSC-Insane

Jeff Moden wrote:

x wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

x wrote:

another one thinks linking a c sharp program to a visual basic library creates a "tower of babel."

Heh... that would be me and, actually, it does, cost wise and maintainability wise (in more ways than one) .  There's no difference between that and doing something like using a combination of Perl, Active X, VBs, C#, and a plethora of batch files all called from an SSIS package to prepare a a single file for import.  And, no... I couldn't make that last part up on a bet.  It really happened and I really replaced it all with some T-SQL that converted the 45 minute process just to get 1 file ready for import to importing, validating, and distributing the data for 8 files in 2 minutes.

What, you aren't liking your stay in my little "hall of fame" ? LOLOL

edit:

If you think there is no difference between the list you gave me, and calling a VB method from C#, then how do you imagine you're not going to be honored in my little list?

There is no question that there's a difference, Patrick, and I did mention that in my previous post and that sometimes it's necessary to prevent reinventing wheels.  But, despite your objections to what I've stated, you did point out in our original conversation, there are still other costs to consider.  I definitely agree.

Anyway, glad to be on your frontal lobes. 😀

Heh you wouldn't have won the trophy if you hadn't submitted your entry!

• Eirikur Eiriksson

SSC Guru

x wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

x wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

x wrote:

another one thinks linking a c sharp program to a visual basic library creates a "tower of babel."

Heh... that would be me and, actually, it does, cost wise and maintainability wise (in more ways than one) .  There's no difference between that and doing something like using a combination of Perl, Active X, VBs, C#, and a plethora of batch files all called from an SSIS package to prepare a a single file for import.  And, no... I couldn't make that last part up on a bet.  It really happened and I really replaced it all with some T-SQL that converted the 45 minute process just to get 1 file ready for import to importing, validating, and distributing the data for 8 files in 2 minutes.

What, you aren't liking your stay in my little "hall of fame" ? LOLOL

edit:

If you think there is no difference between the list you gave me, and calling a VB method from C#, then how do you imagine you're not going to be honored in my little list?

There is no question that there's a difference, Patrick, and I did mention that in my previous post and that sometimes it's necessary to prevent reinventing wheels.  But, despite your objections to what I've stated, you did point out in our original conversation, there are still other costs to consider.  I definitely agree.

Anyway, glad to be on your frontal lobes. 😀

Heh you wouldn't have won the trophy if you hadn't submitted your entry!

This is starting to sound like the "story of Joe"

Joe would go to the church every day and do the same prayer "Please God, let me win the lottery"

One day, in the middle of Joe's prayer, a thundering voice shook the Church, "Joe, you have to buy a ticket"

😎

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor

SSC Guru

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

I didn't see it as reported until after I posted here and then refreshed the other page to see if I could see the report button yet.

We have a fix in test to allow multiple people to report something and see the number of times. We'll use this to make some decisions on SPAM stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 63,976 through 63,979 (of 63,979 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply