Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Found the haystack!

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• It's live now. A problem with some status not moving on auto publish, but the Corgi Contest is out: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/canine-corgi-completion-contest

Not a great way to start a Monday, and someone is trying to determine why redirects went to that article.

• Ed Wagner wrote:

I just answered a couple of questions and the new site wants me to login repeatedly.  It doesn't tell me I'm not logged in when posting, but after I hit submit, my post isn't there and it tells me I have to login to be able to reply.  It's especially aggravating to type it all over again.  Granted, the posts weren't lengthy or anything, but I don't think the submit button should log people out. My temporary solution is to copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) my post before I hit submit. It did it again on this post. This is a pretty bad bug.

Did you click the "Remember Me" box when you logged in? The site should not log you out between sessions. If you persist the cookie, I believe the login lifetime is 2 weeks, so as long as you do something in the 2 weeks, you stay logged in as the cookie updates.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Ed Wagner wrote:

I just answered a couple of questions and the new site wants me to login repeatedly.  It doesn't tell me I'm not logged in when posting, but after I hit submit, my post isn't there and it tells me I have to login to be able to reply.  It's especially aggravating to type it all over again.  Granted, the posts weren't lengthy or anything, but I don't think the submit button should log people out. My temporary solution is to copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) my post before I hit submit. It did it again on this post. This is a pretty bad bug.

Did you click the "Remember Me" box when you logged in? The site should not log you out between sessions. If you persist the cookie, I believe the login lifetime is 2 weeks, so as long as you do something in the 2 weeks, you stay logged in as the cookie updates.

Absolutely.  It happened several times and I made sure I checked the box every time.

It's live now. A problem with some status not moving on auto publish, but the Corgi Contest is out: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/canine-corgi-completion-contest Not a great way to start a Monday, and someone is trying to determine why redirects went to that article.

I blame the Russians! @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Ed Wagner wrote:

Absolutely.  It happened several times and I made sure I checked the box every time.

If you could send some browser/OS stuff, and if it happens again, note the time, we can check logs. Drop a note to the webmaster@ with details. This shouldn't happen, but we'd like to track this down.

Ed Wagner wrote:

If you could send some browser/OS stuff, and if it happens again, note the time, we can check logs. Drop a note to the webmaster@ with details. This shouldn't happen, but we'd like to track this down.

No problem.  Will do.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

It's live now. A problem with some status not moving on auto publish, but the Corgi Contest is out: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/canine-corgi-completion-contest Not a great way to start a Monday, and someone is trying to determine why redirects went to that article.

No, it is the Chinese masquerading as the Russians. @=)

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

No, it's actually the Taiwanese masquerading as the Chinese masquerading as the Russians.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

No, it's actually the Taiwanese masquerading as the Chinese masquerading as the Russians.

As long as it's not Section 31 masquerading as the Obsidian Order masquerading as the Tal Shiar masquerading as the Ghost of Captain Cutler, we should be fine.

Now... How many of you get these references?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

As long as it's not Section 31 masquerading as the Obsidian Order masquerading as the Tal Shiar masquerading as the Ghost of Captain Cutler, we should be fine. Now... How many of you get these references?

Just 2; although I think a 3rd is from the same franchise.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• hey folks, long time ...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• So question, what's up with the points? I logged in and thought "Holy moley!  Gail's over one million and Jeff's almost there?!?  When are they sleeping?!"

Then I looked at my score, 143,000?!?  Unless someone's been using my account, that doesn't add up, I only had like 10k last time I checked.

I'm assuming that there's some new calculation?

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• hmmm, i guess the formatting codes have changed a lot ...

[/font]

• Welcome back, Barry. How are you? Long time no see.

We changed the points a few years ago, awarding different amounts for articles, for posts marked as answers, etc. A bunch of things that scaled points up. You got credit for those.

Formatting changed, and we're still cleaning up some older issues from previous embedded code.

Viewing 15 posts - 63,376 through 63,390 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply