Are the posted questions getting worse?

• A new low...  a new user, rather than posting a topic on one of the boards here, sent me a T-SQL question via PM...

*sigh*

Just today to get through before SQLBits.  Anyone else from here going to be there?

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• ThomasRushton - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:32 AM

Just today to get through before SQLBits.  Anyone else from here going to be there?

Yup. Getting in Thursday afternoon.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

A new low...  a new user, rather than posting a topic on one of the boards here, sent me a T-SQL question via PM...

*sigh*

Ha!

You don't get those all the time?

And I'll be heading over to Bits tomorrow afternon with the Red Army (which is a little smaller than last time I think).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:46 AM

ThomasRushton - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:32 AM

A new low...  a new user, rather than posting a topic on one of the boards here, sent me a T-SQL question via PM...

*sigh*

Ha!

And I'll be heading over to Bits tomorrow afternon with the Red Army (which is a little smaller than last time I think).

I wouldn't know - I've not been to Bits since 2013, for various reasons.  I'm more used to seeing the Red Squad at SQLSouthWest's SQL Saturday events in Exeter, so seeing more than three of you at a time is going to be a bit of a shock.  No, wait.  Not shock. Bonus.  Yeah.  πŸ˜‰

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• Grant Fritchey - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:46 AM

*sigh*

Ha!

Friday afternoon, M6 traffic permitting. Going to miss the quiz! But will be there in time for the disco... Um maybe I have that the wrong way round! Ha

Oh and just in case you are wondering why only the Saturday this year, just started a new gig, the bi-annual Marillion weekend was only last weekend, and they added an extra day to help with ferrying us all there in time, (around 2500 to 3000 people, from 47 countries or so). So I had already "lost" 3 days, and couldn't really afford anymore. And it was a lot of fun :-D, well accept the 10 minutes while we were all worried when the singer fell backwards through the stage, and disappeared :O

Rodders...

*sigh*

Flying in this afternoon.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• heading over on a train this afternoon. Will be at Bits from Wed am until Sat lunch

*sigh*

Saturday πŸ™‚

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:25 AM

heading over on a train this afternoon. Will be at Bits from Wed am until Sat lunch

Dang Steve!  When did the trans-Atlantic rail tunnel get completed and what the heck are they running through it to get you from Colorado to Telford that quick?

• jasona.work - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:55 AM

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:25 AM

heading over on a train this afternoon. Will be at Bits from Wed am until Sat lunch

Dang Steve!  When did the trans-Atlantic rail tunnel get completed and what the heck are they running through it to get you from Colorado to Telford that quick?

HS4, clearly πŸ˜‰

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• jasona.work - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:55 AM

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Been in Cambridge for a week already πŸ˜‰

*sigh*

me!!

*sigh*

Not this year, got enough new stuff on my plate for a few months: getting to grips with configuring and troubleshooting transactional replication.
    It's new to me, I'm a dev. One of the reasons I signed up as a permy with this company - the ample opportunities to learn (and own) aspects of SQL Server which I wouldn't normally get close to.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:45 AM

*sigh*

Not this year, got enough new stuff on my plate for a few months: getting to grips with configuring and troubleshooting transactional replication.
    It's new to me, I'm a dev. One of the reasons I signed up as a permy with this company - the ample opportunities to learn (and own) aspects of SQL Server which I wouldn't normally get close to.

Too bad Chris, seeing as I've managed to not meet up with you when I've popped into London!
    have fun with replication

Rodders...

• rodjkidd - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:50 AM

ChrisM@Work - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:45 AM

*sigh*

Too bad Chris, seeing as I've managed to not meet up with you when I've popped into London!
    have fun with replication

Rodders...

We'll get those beers in one day Rodders, probably with the Icelandic reprobate in tow. I look forward to it πŸ™‚

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 15 posts - 57,976 through 57,990 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply