Are the posted questions getting worse?

• BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Gazareth (12/20/2016)

Beatrix Kiddo (12/20/2016)

I want to go, but oh man, Telford.

As a midlands boy this sentiment definitely made me laugh.

I am from the midlands but have never been Telford.

You know, I lived in the midlands for 7 years and never went until Bits. And I had moved back to Norwich by then.

I did have an interview there years before I moved over there though...

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (12/20/2016)

Grant Fritchey (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

is that what they label it as "networking evening" on the Tuesday?

No, Friday night. The costume ball.

Have they announced a theme yet for this year?

Apparently there's a speaker called "Ginger Grant". Very suspicious.

Perhaps there will be a band called "The Grant Boys", appealing to the younger attendees.

I know Ginger. She's a real person. Honest.

Nah mate someone's having you on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginger_Grant

But, but, but... [/url]although she is a red head.

I was going to mention that, but then thought it wouldn't help our case in proving she is a real person! πŸ˜€

Rodders...

Oi! My wife's a red head πŸ˜‰

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• BWFC (12/20/2016)

rodjkidd (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Perhaps there will be a band called "The Grant Boys", appealing to the younger attendees.

I was going to mention that, but then thought it wouldn't help our case in proving she is a real person! πŸ˜€

Rodders...

Not exactly where I was going with that...

But I assume your wife isn't known as Ginger Hall (or Ginger BWFC) πŸ˜‰

Rodders...

• Grant Fritchey (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Red herring? Don't you just love it when everything comes together:

"...Your DesertIsleSQL website is named after Gilligan’s Island character movie star Ginger Grant..."

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• BWFC (12/20/2016)

rodjkidd (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Rodders...

Just remember, every time a red head smiles, someone lost their soul...

(My sis-in-law is a red head, my wife is a red head by way of "chemical enhancement")

• Has anyone had their gallbladder removed? What was the recovery like? Can you go back to work in three days.

If you haven't guessed I need mine out.

I have it scheduled for the first Friday of the new year, so I was wondering if I would be up to going back to work the next Monday?

• djj (12/22/2016)

Has anyone had their gallbladder removed? What was the recovery like? Can you go back to work in three days.

I have it scheduled for the first Friday of the new year, so I was wondering if I would be up to going back to work the next Monday?

I have no idea, but i hope your recovery is swift.

• Manic Star (12/22/2016)

djj (12/22/2016)

Has anyone had their gallbladder removed? What was the recovery like? Can you go back to work in three days.

I have no idea, but i hope your recovery is swift.

Thank you, Manic Star.

• djj (12/22/2016)

According to webmd.com:

[font="Tahoma"]You may have gallbladder surgery as an outpatient, or you may stay 1 or 2 days in the hospital. Most people can return to their normal activities in 7 to 10 days. People who have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery are sore for about a week.[/font]

Are you able to work from home while recovering?

• djj (12/22/2016)

Wife is an Anesthesiologist who often works cases like this she says "returning to work Monday is the surgery first Fri AM? Painful return for sure, risking some recovery, if high tolerance for pain, umm, his doctor will tell"

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Grumpy DBA (12/22/2016)

djj (12/22/2016)

According to webmd.com:

[font="Tahoma"]You may have gallbladder surgery as an outpatient, or you may stay 1 or 2 days in the hospital. Most people can return to their normal activities in 7 to 10 days. People who have laparoscopic gallbladder surgery are sore for about a week.[/font]

Are you able to work from home while recovering?

A colleague of mine had theirs out about a year ago, they were off for a week.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• I've got mine removed 15 month ago.

3 days in hospital, 1 of them because the operation was delayed.

Was quite painful for a week - one of the holes did not heal well.

Had to be careful with movements for another week. I mean - no exercises for surrounding area, no sharp turns, etc.

But was driving myself to work, even manage to write couple of lines of code :hehe:

Forgot about the adventure after a month.

I read a lot about diet suggestions, but did not really follow any.

Have not been punished for that.

Yet.

πŸ˜›

• Thank you everyone. It looks like Monday is optimistic. πŸ™‚

Just hope I can lift a 10 pound cat (cat and carrier) on Wednesday as I am boarding him for a few days.

• djj (12/23/2016)

Thank you everyone. It looks like Monday is optimistic. πŸ™‚

Just hope I can lift a 10 pound cat (cat and carrier) on Wednesday as I am boarding him for a few days.

All the best on your surgery. With lifting things afterwards, try to listen to the doctor. I know people who have had abdominal survey and not listening has cost them significant pain. Once even got the bonus of another surgery.

• Carrie Fisher is now one with the force.[/url] :crying:

Can 2016 end already?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 15 posts - 56,986 through 57,000 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply