Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Hugo Kornelis (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I am 90% sure that I will be going to sqlbits in April, anyone else know if they will be there?

I've been chosen to present a 400-level precon on execution plans. So yes, I will be there. πŸ™‚

Now that is something I would like to hear.

Does anyone know when the agenda gets finalised? Ideally I want to go to all 3 days but worst case scenario I will pick 1 deep dive day.

• BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Hugo Kornelis (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I am 90% sure that I will be going to sqlbits in April, anyone else know if they will be there?

I've been chosen to present a 400-level precon on execution plans. So yes, I will be there. πŸ™‚

Does anyone know when the agenda gets finalised? Ideally I want to go to all 3 days but worst case scenario I will pick 1 deep dive day.

It would be good to see the agenda pretty soon. There's a chance I could get the company to pay for a day or two if there's stuff I can immediately use.*

*I know it's all good training but I'm the BI guy and it'll be tough to get them to pay for mainly DBA stuff, as much as I want to know it.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• BLOB EATER (12/20/2016)

Hugo Kornelis (12/19/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I assume (but I have no inside knowledge) that the schedule for the precons will go live after all selected precon speakers have admitted their availability on the chosen date.

My precon is currently slated for Wednesday (April 5).S

ince it's not yet published, I guess that in theory they could still ask me if I can move to Thursday April 6 if they need to reschedule to accomodate the other speakers. But I consider that an unlikely scenario.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• I want to go, but oh man, Telford.

• BLOB EATER (12/19/2016)

I can't go because SQLBits have some software that delays the announcement until 24 hours after I've booked a holiday for that week.

Second time in succession that has happened. And Telford is just down the road.

Pooh.

• Beatrix Kiddo (12/20/2016)

I want to go, but oh man, Telford.

It's not too bad. Small, yes, but most of the day will be spent at the venue.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I know, it's just getting there. I'd prefer not to stay overnight. (I doubt work would pay anyway, but will find out.)

I know, it's just getting there. I'd prefer not to stay overnight. (I doubt work would pay anyway, but will find out.)

+ 1

It's an awkward place to get to for me too. For the Saturday, it either means an early start in the car or an overnight stay. Neither are particularly appealing but it will be worth it. As it stands (no agenda), I'm unlikely to get there on the company ticket but you never know.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Yeah I know but at least there's this.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Looks like the precons are being announced now.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • SQL Bits: One pre-con announcement every 20 minutes!

Trying to think who is that organised on the committee to stick that time scale πŸ™‚

Rodders...

• ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

Beatrix Kiddo (12/20/2016)

You know I was there all for week for the last one and still didn't get to see that...

What's so wrong with Telford? It's fairly Central. Once you find the hotel πŸ™‚ you are there or the conference centre!! :w00t:

Rodders...

• ChrisM@Work (12/20/2016)

Beatrix Kiddo (12/20/2016)

Ah just seen the email with all of them in.

Nice!

Rodders...

• It's not in London :-D. (Also I have a major hangover-memory from a wedding there a few years ago.)

The Iron Bridge does look nice.

It's not in London :-D. (Also I have a major hangover-memory from a wedding there a few years ago.)

The Iron Bridge does look nice.

Bloody Londoners! πŸ˜›

By the way I knew you were going to say that...

Look at this way, fresh air, space, etc πŸ˜‰

Oh not much to do though... except the Bridge

The party was awesome there last time, though πŸ™‚

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 56,956 through 56,970 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply