Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Brandie, and everyone else who are in the path / effected by Matthew, stay safe

Rodders...

• Jeff Moden (10/6/2016)

Brandie Tarvin (10/6/2016)

This doesn't affect me because I'm on "high ground".

Isn't that where it's most windy? :blink:

I hope everything turns out ok. You guys be safe.

Yeah. I don't know that 17 feet above sea level is really where the wind action is. @=) Actually, though, the wind and tornadoes and possible power loss is what I'm really worried about.

We just had a power surge. The first, I think, of many. I lost internet access for a few minutes. YIKES. Well, I'll work as long as I can. everything's plugged in. I'm doing some tweets so long as I have access if anyone wants to keep track. WannaBeWriter06 is my handle. Using hashtags #HurricaneMatthew and #Jacksonville

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• rodjkidd (10/7/2016)

Brandie, and everyone else who are in the path / effected by Matthew, stay safe

Rodders...

I don't post here often, but love the community that is here. Like Rodders, hope you and yours stay safe

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Stuart Davies (10/7/2016)

rodjkidd (10/7/2016)

Rodders...

I don't post here often, but love the community that is here. Like Rodders, hope you and yours stay safe

Thank you both.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (10/7/2016)

Stuart Davies (10/7/2016)

rodjkidd (10/7/2016)

Rodders...

Thank you both.

Yeah, please keep your head down & stay safe.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (10/7/2016)

Brandie Tarvin (10/7/2016)

Stuart Davies (10/7/2016)

rodjkidd (10/7/2016)

Rodders...

Thank you both.

Yeah, please keep your head down & stay safe.

Stay safe Brandie!

😎

• jasona.work (10/4/2016)

Well, it seems my personal laptop has bought the farm...

A couple months back, the battery wouldn't hold enough of a charge to keep the laptop on, closely followed by the power switch being "wonky" and not always working...

This afternoon, it seems, the power switch has said "I'm dead."

So now I'm trying to decide if I want to think about getting another laptop, or go to something a bit more portable like a Surface Pro. Regardless, right now, any replacement is on hold for a couple months...

At least for SQL stuff, I've got my home lab to putter around with and my desktop PC.

Sorry. I've had too many laptops start to fail with power issues. A couple I've traced to the MB (with help from the shop). The rest, I've just given up on and replaced.

Surface Pro is nice. Love my Z Canvas, but a bit overpriced.

If you want something that's not too $$$, the Yoga 900 is nice. I worried about flex with my travel schedule, but a few people I know have them and really like them.

• Jeff Moden (10/5/2016)

george sibbald (10/5/2016)

well that's me done. I retire today so this will be my last post.

I made it into the top 30 posters at one point so I did my bit.

Enjoy the rest of your careers, take the job seriously but not yourselves.

cheers

George

All the best wishes, George. Thanks for being one of the good guys! Going to miss "seeing" you here.

Ditto, and congrats, George. Hope we see you around occasionally.

• Well, back home for a day. Missed a lot, I see here.

Hope everyone is OK in FL (Brandie, stay safe). With SQL Sat Orlando moved, I'll miss it.

On the plus side, I could cancel my plans and move my flight. After an 11am presentation yesterday, I managed to get home to Denver to watch my daughter's volleyball match. Only missed 9 points as I was a touch late for the 6pm start.

• Brandie Tarvin (10/6/2016)

Smile, Matthew!

Yeah, I can see the creepy in this one.

EDIT: I wonder when the conspiracy theories are going to start on this one.

I just saw the theory that it's not Matthew, but Mumra. (Note that I'm Generation X)

Image attached.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Ouch ...biting the tongue....

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (10/8/2016)

Ouch ...biting the tongue....

😎

We all know the reason for the given answer... she simply doesn't know any better method even after she's been shown how to avoid loops dozens of times on this very site. As you say, I'll bite my tongue and suppress the urge to rant, especially about that individual. Can't help a person catch fish where there's no water. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• to prove I'm still loitering...........

humbled by all the well wishers, its appreciated.

cheers

george

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• george sibbald (10/9/2016)

to prove I'm still loitering...........

humbled by all the well wishers, its appreciated.

cheers

george

Go play some golf. 😛

• Who deleted the thread on stuffing overlapping intervals?

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 56,131 through 56,145 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply