Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Eirikur Eiriksson (10/5/2016)

Any upgrades available for the Crystal Ball?

😎

And the latest question on the indexes... oh my.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (10/5/2016)

Eirikur Eiriksson (10/5/2016)

Any upgrades available for the Crystal Ball?

😎

And the latest question on the indexes... oh my.

It could be a language thing. As in the first comment they said 'we are unable to add indexes..' which I took to mean third party application / DB with a 'No you can't change the schema or add indexes etc' Worked on a couple of them in my time. Well you can, but if it goes wrong, you better put it back how you found it and don't tell 'us' (supplier) what you did!

But then they ask why they can't add indexes.. Um. Odd.

Rodders...

• well that's me done. I retire today so this will be my last post.

I made it into the top 30 posters at one point so I did my bit.

Enjoy the rest of your careers, take the job seriously but not yourselves.

cheers

George

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• george sibbald (10/5/2016)

well that's me done. I retire today so this will be my last post.

cheers

George

George thanks for your help here.

Enjoy your retirement!

Cheers,

Rodders...

• WayneS (9/30/2016)

Oh, what a fun day this is turning out to be. (Check out the attachment)

Wow. What software gives you the ability to see stuff in that format?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Enjoy your retirement George

• jasona.work (10/3/2016)

Ugh...

Those of you in the US might have heard about the "creepy clowns" that seem to be popping up all over the place, especially the one down in Georgia that was trying to lure kids into the woods...

Well, someone is apparently playing the same "game" in my neck of the woods, one of the local news is reporting (and showing a picture) of one quite literally less than a mile from my house...

Now, it could be it's just someone "copy-catting" the harmless prank (the "let's dress up as a clown, stand somewhere at night so we look creepy and freak people out") rather than the "let's try to lure kids into the woods with us" bad person or the "let's dress up as a creepy clown and scope out the area before doing a little breaking and entering so we can claim if the cops show up we're just playing a prank on people)...

But still, it's not a reassuring thing to have on my mind...

So living in the Southeast apparently I heard something you haven't. Several people are lying about the issue, including one person who used the "clown in the woods" to try and excuse himself from being late to work...

It's mostly a non-issue all of a sudden. There may have been one true sighting, but for the most part it's a freak out.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

cheers

George

Congrats. What's next?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

cheers

George

Oy! Just because you retire doesn't mean you can't hang out on the Thread. The Tent in the Desert has plenty of room and lots of free snacks.

But congrats on a well maintained career. Enjoy retirement.

• <headdesk>

I can't tell from that last answer if he understands me or if he still expects it to work.

cheers

George

Congratulations, George. I don't know what you have planned next, but enjoy it.

• Brandie Tarvin (10/5/2016)

jasona.work (10/3/2016)

Ugh...

Those of you in the US might have heard about the "creepy clowns" that seem to be popping up all over the place, especially the one down in Georgia that was trying to lure kids into the woods...

Well, someone is apparently playing the same "game" in my neck of the woods, one of the local news is reporting (and showing a picture) of one quite literally less than a mile from my house...

Now, it could be it's just someone "copy-catting" the harmless prank (the "let's dress up as a clown, stand somewhere at night so we look creepy and freak people out") rather than the "let's try to lure kids into the woods with us" bad person or the "let's dress up as a creepy clown and scope out the area before doing a little breaking and entering so we can claim if the cops show up we're just playing a prank on people)...

So living in the Southeast apparently I heard something you haven't. Several people are lying about the issue, including one person who used the "clown in the woods" to try and excuse himself from being late to work...

It's mostly a non-issue all of a sudden. There may have been one true sighting, but for the most part it's a freak out.

Here in metro Detroit, the police were able to stop and question a clown. The official statement said they "deemed that there was no threat" and not much else.

• Oh, and this is how my week is going.

And if you want to see projected tracks, halfway down this page[/url] is the interactive map.

Because FUN.

Matthew was supposed to be a Cat 2. Now could be a Cat 3 or 4 by the time he reaches Jacksonville.

jasona.work (10/3/2016)

Ugh...

Yeah, hearing reports on the news this morning on my way in to work, I'm starting to think the majority of the "sightings" are instead "I want my 15 minutes of fame."

I can see someone, especially with Halloween coming up, dressing up in a clown suit and standing someplace to look creepy, but not so much chasing someone with a bat (that was reported last night,) or trying to lure kids away. That's just begging to get hospitalized or dead. Not to say there aren't people dumb enough to do that anyways, but I'd like to think they're in the minority...

Oh, and this is how my week is going.

And if you want to see projected tracks, halfway down this page[/url] is the interactive map.

Because FUN.

Matthew was supposed to be a Cat 2. Now could be a Cat 3 or 4 by the time he reaches Jacksonville.

Yeah, my brother and his family are apparently *just* outside the mandatory evacuation zone in SC, but they were still going to pack up and head out today I believe. Which ought to be "fun" for them in more ways than most...

2 dogs (big Rottweiler, one of whom they rescued and adopted after the flooding a year or two back)

2+ cats

A daughter who is in a power-chair

A Dad who's got PTSD (retired Marine)

Stay safe everyone who's at risk of this. Things can be replaced, family and pets can't.

Viewing 15 posts - 56,056 through 56,070 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply