Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Anyone down London next month for SQLSKILLS? If so lets meet up! πŸ˜€

• Anyone else going to SQL Saturday in Philly next week? I don't think I recognized anyone on the speakers list...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Everyone have a good weekend. Those of us who have the Memorial Day weekend about to start, be sure to eat too much. πŸ˜› No, that was not a typo. And for those who don't have a long weekend coming up, have an extra pint.

I've got two pork shoulders thawed in the fridge that are destined for my smoker this weekend. πŸ˜€

• Eirikur Eiriksson (5/26/2016)

jasona.work (5/26/2016)

I'm really starting to hate the SSIS Catalog...

Two servers, same permissions on both. On one, the user can deploy their project no problems (with the deploy project wizard.)

On the other, the deployment fails and the error in the messages is "Failed to deploy the project. Fix the problems and try again later.:External component has thrown an exception."

So helpful...

All the Googling finds is for large projects where the error indicates a timeout, adding indexes to a couple tables...

Is everything equal on both servers (versions, OS etc.)?

😎

Yep. The user is even connecting to both servers from the same workstation, so I know it's not different versions of SSMS.

Next week, as it has a fix for something else we're going to need (Slow querying of numeric fields in Oracle via linked servers) I'm going to toss CU3 on the problem server. Not holding my breath it will fix it, but I can hope (then put it on the other box, as it'll need the Oracle fix as well, anyways.)

• RBarryYoung (5/27/2016)

Anyone else going to SQL Saturday in Philly next week? I don't think I recognized anyone on the speakers list...

I'm going to be there and both WayneS and Ray K are presenting.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• BLOB_EATER (5/27/2016)

Anyone down London next month for SQLSKILLS? If so lets meet up! πŸ˜€

I'll be there, presenting two sessions. One on the OVER clause and how certain rather complex queries in older versions of SQL Server became lots simpler with the OVER clause. The other one a very in-depth look at how estimates are computed for your queries.

Feel free to say hi.

RBarryYoung (5/27/2016)

Anyone else going to SQL Saturday in Philly next week? I don't think I recognized anyone on the speakers list...

Flying across the Atlantic for a SQL Saturday sounds like a fun thing to do, but my bookkeeper disagrees. πŸ˜‰

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Congrats Steve and Grant.

Just attended a HS graduation. Lots of things I see with those things that could be optimized and made better. Sometimes it is rough to have those kids continue to sit there while speakers and the program drones on and on.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Hey Barry - long time no see.

I couldn't make it to Philly this year. Wayne Sheffield will be there - drop in on him.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I just heard from my husband (who works at Deutsche Bank) that there is a holiday coincidence for Monday. A confluence of several countries having bank holidays at the same time. The U.K. has some sort of "start of spring" holiday and he didn't know what the others were.

So, since we have such an international cohort here, what holidays are coming up this weekend / Monday in YOUR country? Because I'm curious what their official names are.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/27/2016)

I just heard from my husband (who works at Deutsche Bank) that there is a holiday coincidence for Monday. A confluence of several countries having bank holidays at the same time. The U.K. has some sort of "start of spring" holiday and he didn't know what the others were.

So, since we have such an international cohort here, what holidays are coming up this weekend / Monday in YOUR country? Because I'm curious what their official names are.

Well we just had Victoria Day last Monday but it isn't observed across Canada. However, it's better known as 'May 24'...not because of the date (third Monday of May) it's slang for a 24 case of beer. 'Cause what's more Canadian than celebrating the first long weekend of the summer season than with a nice cold beer? πŸ˜€

SELECT quote FROM brain WHERE original = 1
    0 rows returned

• Brandie Tarvin (5/27/2016)

I just heard from my husband (who works at Deutsche Bank) that there is a holiday coincidence for Monday. A confluence of several countries having bank holidays at the same time. The U.K. has some sort of "start of spring" holiday and he didn't know what the others were.

In the US it's memorial day to celebrate soldiers who died during various things, it's the last monday of may.

• ZZartin (5/27/2016)

Brandie Tarvin (5/27/2016)

In the US it's memorial day to celebrate soldiers who died during various things, it's the last monday of may.

It might not look like, but Florida is still part of the US. πŸ˜€

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares (5/27/2016)

ZZartin (5/27/2016)

Brandie Tarvin (5/27/2016)

It might not look like, but Florida is still part of the US. πŸ˜€

Actually, I forced the state to secede yesterday on account of not wanting to share Disneyworld with anyone for the weekend. It's mine and mine alone for the entire weekend. As well as MegaCon and Miami beaches and the Daytona 500 and...

You can have it back next Tuesday. πŸ˜€

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Yep -- I'm there, and I'm presenting!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Brandie Tarvin (5/25/2016)

Guys, come on. The drink of choice for me should be obvious.

Even if it is a misspelled version of my name. @=)

I guess you might think "brandewijn" is a misspelling of Brandie, but actually it's the other way round. :hehe:

But why bother to spell it at all when you could spell "uisge beatha" or "poitΓ­n" instead - come to think of it, why bother to spell any of them when you could drink them instead? πŸ˜€

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 54,331 through 54,345 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply