Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Eirikur Eiriksson (12/8/2015)

BrainDonor (12/8/2015)

Here's one I've never seen before - every thread on a full page of the search started by the same person.

Someone is very busy.

Too busy for RTFM

😎

What does the M stand for again? I don't have time to look it up in the acronym manual.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Ed Wagner (12/8/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (12/8/2015)

BrainDonor (12/8/2015)

Here's one I've never seen before - every thread on a full page of the search started by the same person.

Someone is very busy.

Too busy for RTFM

😎

Now there's a term I haven't heard in a while. I loved it when it first came out. Too bad it's still so very true.

Another good one is RIF. That ran rampant through the forums for a while.

Learn Extended Events

• Grant Fritchey (12/10/2015)

BrainDonor (12/10/2015)

Bought this one in Portland - designed to upset as many sci-fi fans as possible - http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/trolling-shirt/

That is beautiful. The sad thing would be the people who don't get it.

Or the people that would piss and moan because it is offensive. Not saying it is offensive, but someone will take offense to it.

e.g. R2D2 was not that monstrosity in the pic.

Learn Extended Events

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/14/2015)

Jack Corbett (12/14/2015)

rodjkidd (12/13/2015)

Hey Grant,

I have a ticket for Marillion in Boston Friday Nov 4th. 🙂

It's a early show - doors at 6.

I then have one for New York the week after. Tuesday 8th.

Not sure if I will try for a 3rd in between Summit and the those.

They might add extra dates in those cities, they are doing two back to back in Chicago when Summit is on - they normally do two completely different nights then...

But plan at the moment is;

Maybe fly out early enough for Portland, then Summit, go to Boston the following Monday, 4-5 days in Boston, Saturday or Sunday to New York, 4-5 days in New York, fly back end of the week, maybe the Saturday.

So hopefully we can meet up in Boston! Yay

Cheers,

Rodders...

I'm offended now. I think I'm almost as close to Boston as Grant and you don't want to meet up with me? 😛

Rodders overlooked you.

Get it. It's a joke. :w00t:

:hehe:

Wait, where is Jack?

Learn Extended Events

• Sean Lange (1/6/2016)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/6/2016)

Sean Lange (1/6/2016)

Wow. I rarely have to deal with user issues but I was just on a phone call with one of our own people having an issue with our website. I was very tempted to ask him to power off his computer and return it to the IT department because he isn't qualified to use one. Took nearly 10 minutes to get him to share his desktop through Lync so I could see his screen. Then another two minutes to type the name of our company correctly in the address bar. He misspelled it differently at least 4 ro 5 times. Then he closed the IM window and couldn't understand why I couldn't see his screen anymore. I don't know people deal with users on a regular basis. It makes me want to take my eyeballs and pop them. :w00t:

send him an iPad 😛

Not sure he can find the power button. 🙂

Send it powered on

• Sean Lange (12/22/2015)

Alvin Ramard (12/22/2015)

Phil Parkin (12/22/2015)

Sean Lange (12/22/2015)

Phil Parkin (12/22/2015)

It seems that everyone in this thread spends their spare time shooting things :exclamationmark::-D

I prefer making sawdust as my form of therapy.

Plugging in my guitar and turning the volume to 11 works for me. After that, I can't even hear the developers.

Oops, wait. I'm a developer.

Your amp goes to 11???? Wow!!!!! 😀

Yeah it's louder than the others.

It needs to be that loud to drown out the developers.

Learn Extended Events

• We use Skype for Business, which is what Lync is now. It works pretty well, and I'm surprised that I like it. The UI has some issues, and it feels half baked from a development point, but it works well and I can make/receive quick calls (or chats) from people inside the company.

It's been stable enough that I leave it running all the time and just whack status. Plus it sends me emails if I miss chat messages, which I do with the crappy regular Skype.

• Eirikur Eiriksson (12/22/2015)

Michael L John (12/22/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (12/22/2015)

GilaMonster (12/22/2015)

One recent poster kept asking over and over again why he was getting an error whilst trying to do something he'd already been told was impossible, had to bite my tongue and decided just to mark that user as "capa tosta"

I must have missed that one.

Enjoy

😎

I saw this one. The question that keeps coming to mind is "What did you Google to come up with this?" Maybe instead of giving SQL advice, we should provide search engine advice.

IIRC Jason is ahead of us here with his LMGTFY reference;-)

😎

Snigger

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+lmgtfy

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/6/2016)

Michael L John (12/22/2015)

GilaMonster (12/22/2015)

One recent poster kept asking over and over again why he was getting an error whilst trying to do something he'd already been told was impossible, had to bite my tongue and decided just to mark that user as "capa tosta"

I must have missed that one.

Enjoy

😎

I saw this one. The question that keeps coming to mind is "What did you Google to come up with this?" Maybe instead of giving SQL advice, we should provide search engine advice.

IIRC Jason is ahead of us here with his LMGTFY reference;-)

😎

Snigger

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+lmgtfy

bow to the master

😎

• Jeff Moden (12/29/2015)

Grant Fritchey (12/29/2015)

That picture has always struck me... it's either a picture of Grant's back yard when he's BBQ'ing or a picture of Detroit on a bad night. Of course, it could be a picture of Grant BBQ'ing in Detroit. 😀

More likely it is Grant barbecuing from his home in Mass. and the picture was taken in Detroit.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/6/2016)

Jeff Moden (12/29/2015)

That picture has always struck me... it's either a picture of Grant's back yard when he's BBQ'ing or a picture of Detroit on a bad night. Of course, it could be a picture of Grant BBQ'ing in Detroit. 😀

More likely it is Grant barbecuing from his home in Mass. and the picture was taken in Detroit.

Ah... that would explain why it looks like the sun sets in the East from here. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (1/6/2016)

SQLRNNR (1/6/2016)

Jeff Moden (12/29/2015)

Ah... that would explain why it looks like the sun sets in the East from here. 😉

You're in an alternate dimension? 😎

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Glancing at the online edition of one of the local Detroit papers, I find out that a golf course I enjoyed playing (although I haven't gone in a couple years due to work and other obligations,) is being redeveloped into an industrial park...

It was a decent enough course, some reasonably challenging holes for a duffer.

If I recall, the course was designed by one of the big names quite a ways back (don't recall who, and can't get on the course' site to check.)

I'm running out of local, reasonably priced options to golf at...

• BTW - hApPy New YEaR

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/6/2016)

BTW - hApPy New YEaR

Hoppy New Year to you too.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 52,021 through 52,035 (of 66,603 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply