Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

SQLRNNR (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Wow, what some people expect us volunteers.

The OP just PMed me with all the info that had been posted on the forum thread. Apparently he deleted because other classmates saw his post.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Leave your quoted post intact.

And this is just a snippet from the PM:

firstly id like to apologies for being hasty, but i am under a lot of pressure as this is due for my finals on thursday,

Latest PM from the op (I said I wanted to post his message):

i dont mind, just dont want people finding what i have and then get done for plagiarism. its fine if you cant but any tips at all would be a great help

• Wow Lynn that's one of the best one I've seen in a long time. Give me the code so I can pass my final. You never know, the OP there might end up working in the same office as one of us someday thanks to the great code you supply.:-D

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

SQLRNNR (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

The OP just PMed me with all the info that had been posted on the forum thread. Apparently he deleted because other classmates saw his post.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

firstly id like to apologies for being hasty, but i am under a lot of pressure as this is due for my finals on thursday,

Latest PM from the op (I said I wanted to post his message):

i dont mind, just dont want people finding what i have and then get done for plagiarism. its fine if you cant but any tips at all would be a great help

So it is ok for this person to get his answers from somebody else but can't share those results with his classmates?

Boy oh Boy oh Boy.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Had a funny one today. On the DLM webinar I did with Grant, we had a guy ask how to recover a master database and another one show an error when creating a database and ask us to give answers while we were talking about version control.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/28/2015)

Had a funny one today. On the DLM webinar I did with Grant, we had a guy ask how to recover a master database and another one show an error when creating a database and ask us to give answers while we were talking about version control.

So no questions on how to size tempdb? 😎

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (4/28/2015)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/28/2015)

Had a funny one today. On the DLM webinar I did with Grant, we had a guy ask how to recover a master database and another one show an error when creating a database and ask us to give answers while we were talking about version control.

So no questions on how to size tempdb? 😎

Not this time. Perhaps next.

• SQLBill (4/27/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/24/2015)

jonathan.crawford (4/24/2015)

Steve, my brother is getting hitched on the 4th of July weekend in Breckinridge. I'm not sure we're going to be able to make it, but assuming we do go, is there stuff for a 3 yr old to do for several days that will preserve our (and his) sanity? I'll even take recommendations for Denver, since we could head back to the city after the 4th and fly out a few days later.

we're not hikers or climbers, we're flat landers who are old and fat but have a kid. Museums/indoor waterpark are more our speed.

suggestions?

Three year old, Colorado Springs has Santa's Workshop. My kids loved going there from the time they could walk (my oldest now has a 3 year old, 18 month old, and 3 day old) and they still like going there.

We would get there before they opened and stay there until they closed.

Of course you also have Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs and the Denver Zoo up in Denver. Our kids like both.

My wife and I live in Arizona and when we travel to higher altitudes (such as Denver) we swear by a product called Aquagen Maximum Performance Oxygen. It oxygenates your blood system. We start taking it two days before we travel and find we rarely have shortness of breath. Research it and see if it is something you want to try/use.

-SQLBill

Thanks Bill, but I'm going to call "placebo effect" on that one. The site can't even say what's in their own product, other than distilled water and "trace minerals", and they're calling it "liquid oxygen", which would boil into gas at -297 F. Maybe you could say this was a thing if you were selling oxygenated water under pressure, but it looks like an eyedropper basically, so that can't be it. You could always add the oxygen and a little carbon, (and a whole bucket of sugar) and then you'd just be drinking soda pop!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

I'll try harder next time to ask a more complicated and more off topic question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

SQLRNNR (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, this doesn't get me nearly as worked up as the "I have a new job, what do I do now" posts. At least this person hasn't taken away an opportunity from someone who is likely more worthy.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

I tried to DM both those guys to come here and ask the same questions. I'm pretty sure the second did NOT understand.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

SQLRNNR (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, this doesn't get me nearly as worked up as the "I have a new job, what do I do now" posts. At least this person hasn't taken away an opportunity from someone who is likely more worthy.

That's because he is still in school. Give him a few years...

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

He PMed you because he still expects your assistance even though his classmates saw his posts?

Classy.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Koen Verbeeck (4/29/2015)

Grant Fritchey (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

SQLRNNR (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's because he is still in school. Give him a few years...

That's sad, Koen, but so very true. The people who have others do their work for them in college end up being the ones who do the same thing when they're working. They're content to just copy and paste without understanding anything. When something they've gotten from the internet wrecks something, they don't view it as their fault...after all, they didn't write it. Laziness is becoming a more common trait than it used to be. It's an all-too-sad reality of life nowadays.

• So, looking forward to tomorrow afternoon...

Heading out to the movies for a double feature at 4pm, first up, The Avengers (NOT the one based on the British TV series) followed by The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Yes, I'm a geek.

Heck, one of my b-day pressies from the wife was the LEGO S.H.E.I.L.D. Helicarrier...

It's only 2996 peices of LEGO...

:w00t:

• Sean Lange (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2015)

And hopefully called him out for being a chump. I wonder if these people realize that in the real world not having a clue how to do your job will get you a pink slip.

Is that what people get when they're promoted over there?

I'm a DBA.
    I'm not paid to solve problems. I'm paid to prevent them.

Viewing 15 posts - 48,286 through 48,300 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply