Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (9/23/2014)

Sean Lange (9/23/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/23/2014)

Melanie.Townsend (9/23/2014)

I've just logged a request with the developers to see if they can have a look and see if we can get the points back. Fingers crossed.

Melanie

Thanks for the effort!

If they fix it then the "Top Posters" overview won't be nearly as funny as it is today. πŸ˜€

I'm below you...

Good lord! I can't believe my ranking is slightly higher than both Sean's and Gail's!!! πŸ˜€

"El" Jerry.

"A watt of Ottawa" - Gerardo Galvan

To better understand your help request, please follow these best practices.[/url]

• EL Jerry (9/24/2014)

GilaMonster (9/23/2014)

Sean Lange (9/23/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/23/2014)

Melanie.Townsend (9/23/2014)

I've just logged a request with the developers to see if they can have a look and see if we can get the points back. Fingers crossed.

Melanie

Thanks for the effort!

If they fix it then the "Top Posters" overview won't be nearly as funny as it is today. πŸ˜€

I'm below you...

Good lord! I can't believe my ranking is slightly higher than both Sean's and Gail's!!! πŸ˜€

Now if only we could keep them going in the backwards direction:-D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Between the spammers and crussell commenting on every single QOTD from the last 8 years there is next to nothing going on around here lately. I am concerned that many people have decided to go elsewhere.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

• Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Between the spammers and crussell commenting on every single QOTD from the last 8 years

is there a difference?

there is next to nothing going on around here lately.

Share the concern, looks sparse and thin these days

I am concerned that many people have decided to go elsewhere.

Any idea where?:-P

😎

• Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Between the spammers and crussell commenting on every single QOTD from the last 8 years there is next to nothing going on around here lately. I am concerned that many people have decided to go elsewhere.

And all he says is "Thanks for the question."

Really? You want the points from posting that much?

• His excessive posting has been reported.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Between the spammers and crussell commenting on every single QOTD from the last 8 years there is next to nothing going on around here lately. I am concerned that many people have decided to go elsewhere.

The plus-side of crussell's pointless posting is I've learned a bit and confirmed things I thought I knew from the dredged up questions. Although some of the 2005 stuff seems a little dated now.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

He probably even has another account that has been used to figure out what the correct answers are (like some of those "sme"s that haven't missed a single point). It's important to have all of those points so they can use it on a resume πŸ˜‰

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

He probably even has another account that has been used to figure out what the correct answers are (like some of those "sme"s that haven't missed a single point). It's important to have all of those points so they can use it on a resume πŸ˜‰

Now what is the point of that" Kind of pointless effort isn't it (excuse the pun)? Have you ever seen a resume which states SSC points on it?

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (9/25/2014)

SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

Now what is the point of that" Kind of pointless effort isn't it (excuse the pun)? Have you ever seen a resume which states SSC points on it?

😎

It doesn't have to be mentioned on a resume for potential employers to check it.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

😎

I have seen a couple of people reference their scores on the ssc qotd points.

Learn Extended Events

• Alvin Ramard (9/25/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (9/25/2014)

SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

😎

It doesn't have to be mentioned on a resume for potential employers to check it.

Guess you are right, just struggling with the idea of jitter being weighted on a resume. Don't take me wrong here, many of the points earned on this site are well earned but unless scrutinized, how can one tell the difference?

😎

Alvin Ramard (9/25/2014)

SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

😎

Guess you are right, just struggling with the idea of jitter being weighted on a resume. Don't take me wrong here, many of the points earned on this site are well earned but unless scrutinized, how can one tell the difference?

😎

You can't really. It's an honor system:cool:

Learn Extended Events

Alvin Ramard (9/25/2014)

SQLRNNR (9/25/2014)

Lynn Pettis (9/25/2014)

Sean Lange (9/25/2014)

Why yes!!

😎

😎

I agree with you. The number of points, without knowing how the were earned, is not very meaningful.

On different note, I was just thinking about what would be an interesting interview question.

Question: Explain what DBCC TimeWarp is. πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard

Have you ever seen a resume which states SSC points on it?

😎

What? You haven't?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 45,871 through 45,885 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply