Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

Bah. I couldn't resist it.

Did he go "we we we all the way home???" :-D:-D:-D

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

You antagonist;-)

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Sean Lange (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

Or was it wee wee wee all the way home?

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (9/3/2014)

Sean Lange (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

Or was it wee wee wee all the way home Depot ?

FTFY:-)

Someone call the Relational Protection Agency, we have an offender...oh, wait. πŸ˜€

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

Someone call the Relational Protection Agency, we have an offender...oh, wait. πŸ˜€

Reminds me of an old story, once upon a time the ANSI fairy, the Denormalizer and the Begininator met for a....

😎

xsevensinzx (9/3/2014)

I keep coming to this thread just to read all your fueled responses. It's baiting me to post a seriously dumb question just to read the reactions in this thread. πŸ˜›

Like how to drop a database?

After I learn how to drop a database, can someone tell me how to "bounce" a server? Off the floor? Off the walls?Off the ceiling? πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

xsevensinzx (9/3/2014)

I keep coming to this thread just to read all your fueled responses. It's baiting me to post a seriously dumb question just to read the reactions in this thread. πŸ˜›

After I learn how to drop a database, can someone tell me how to "bounce" a server? Off the floor? Off the walls?Off the ceiling? πŸ˜€

Well looks like someone didn't like the "droppings"

BTW, the bouncing is easy, it's the catching of the server exceptions which is tricky

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (9/3/2014)

Alvin Ramard (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

xsevensinzx (9/3/2014)

BTW, the bouncing is easy, it's the catching of the server exceptions which is tricky

😎

Woohoo

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (9/3/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (9/3/2014)

Alvin Ramard (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

xsevensinzx (9/3/2014)

😎

Woohoo

Guess someone took the author's advice and "dropped" the page:-P

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (9/3/2014)

You just need a large net. What's so difficult about that?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • BWFC (9/3/2014)

Has anybody out there got any experience with Serif WebPlus x5?

Sadly yes - but only in an evaluation way. From memory you have to tie into their hosting - but at my age my memory can be fallible.

Now using concrete 5 once you've got the theme / template set the way you want it's very easy to build a quick, reasonable looking website.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• GilaMonster (9/3/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (9/3/2014)

You just need a large net. What's so difficult about that?

That of course would be the ginormous .Net

😎

• Luis Cazares (9/3/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (9/3/2014)

Actually I reckon the NPA people should have been Joe and Fabian instead of Joe and Chris. Fabian and Chris have done things together, sane attitude to NULL. But where Chris doesn't screech and blether in Forums like Joe doesn't, Fabian's style matches (or even outmatches) Joe's.

And Fabian would take Joe to pieces for all those NOT NULL constraints in the table creation - obviously standard SQL must be a language designed by irresponsible idiots because you need to say something is not allowed to be null: in a real relational world that's mandatory for all attributes so doesn't need to be said, and at his politest he would point that out far more offensively than Chris would manage at his worst.

Tom

• Stuart Davies (9/3/2014)

BWFC (9/3/2014)

Has anybody out there got any experience with Serif WebPlus x5?

Sadly yes - but only in an evaluation way. From memory you have to tie into their hosting - but at my age my memory can be fallible.

Now using concrete 5 once you've got the theme / template set the way you want it's very easy to build a quick, reasonable looking website.

I've inherited\been landed with it for an out of work project so for the time being it's all I've got to work with. Part of the project is to find alternatives both for hosting and design. It was easy enough to build a site that looked the part but I was really struggling to replace the old site in one fell swoop. I now don't think you can easily so I'm going to try the 'replace by a thousand cuts approach'.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Viewing 15 posts - 45,466 through 45,480 (of 66,569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply