• Greg Edwards-268690 (8/19/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (8/19/2014)

David Burrows (8/19/2014)

higgim (8/18/2014)

Not a happy chap with some of the help being offered! Go figure 🙂

Qira (8/18/2014)

Dear Mr Higgam,

You're helping me sir. Thanks to you. But no thanks to other one.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1604205-392-2.aspx

What an attitude...

Yes. And I resisted to post, polite or otherwise 🙂

I couldn't restrain myself. Poor discipline 😀

It appeared to me that the OP only gave part of the picture.

I check data before submitting for an insert.

Sound advice was given, although they didn't see the real intent.

So in a roundabout way, they could be asking the wrong question.

I had to post as well, but I agree with these sentiments. I thought the original replier was providing solid advice. It wasn't the answer the OP wanted but was relevant and may actually have given the "best" answer.

• Jack Corbett (8/19/2014)

Greg Edwards-268690 (8/19/2014)

David Burrows (8/19/2014)

higgim (8/18/2014)

Not a happy chap with some of the help being offered! Go figure 🙂

Qira (8/18/2014)

Dear Mr Higgam,

You're helping me sir. Thanks to you. But no thanks to other one.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1604205-392-2.aspx

What an attitude...

Yes. And I resisted to post, polite or otherwise 🙂

I couldn't restrain myself. Poor discipline 😀

It appeared to me that the OP only gave part of the picture.

I check data before submitting for an insert.

Sound advice was given, although they didn't see the real intent.

So in a roundabout way, they could be asking the wrong question.

I had to post as well, but I agree with these sentiments. I thought the original replier was providing solid advice. It wasn't the answer the OP wanted but was relevant and may actually have given the "best" answer.

Hoping they can back up and look at the big picture.

Better to start out with a sound foundation than struggle with the fallout later.

Defense in depth - almost pointed them towards reading that material when I replied.

I could just imagine the reaction that would have created. :w00t:

• How about this one, starting monthly salary of $4,927 for a Senior Database Developer. That's 2/3 what I made at School District 11.

Granted, it is a non-profit religious organization, but it isn't tiny in the least.

• Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

How about this one, starting monthly salary of $4,927 for a Senior Database Developer. That's 2/3 what I made at School District 11.

Granted, it is a non-profit religious organization, but it isn't tiny in the least.

It might be appropriate for those Seniors that can't write a JOIN correctly without looking on Google for an example. :hehe:

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

How about this one, starting monthly salary of $4,927 for a Senior Database Developer. That's 2/3 what I made at School District 11.

erm... ~60k/yr for a senior? I don't think so. Not unless you don't need to work.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Luis Cazares (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

It might be appropriate for those Seniors that can't write a JOIN correctly without looking on Google for an example. :hehe:

Those special seniors would be getting paid too much at that rate.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (8/19/2014)

Luis Cazares (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

IMO, that's a lack of proper interviewing. Of course, that's assuming the organization had someone capable of conducting a technical interview and they had a say-so in who's hired or, better yet, got to decide for themselves.

• Ed Wagner (8/19/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/19/2014)

Luis Cazares (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

IMO, that's a lack of proper interviewing. Of course, that's assuming the organization had someone capable of conducting a technical interview and they had a say-so in who's hired or, better yet, got to decide for themselves.

Hang on here! You guys get more than pizza under the door twice a day?????? 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (8/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/19/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/19/2014)

Luis Cazares (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

You should consider yourself lucky if you get it twice. 😉

• SQLRNNR (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

erm... ~60k/yr for a senior? I don't think so. Not unless you don't need to work.

Let's see, for that amount I could provide the required financial support for my ex, but would have to live in my car and eat at soup kitchens. Wait, I currently don't have a car even though I pay for insurance on two of them.

How do you recognize a "day"? You don't have any kind of a window or a calendar, do you?

Oh, I got it: you're using GETDATE()...

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• I'm just keeping an eye on possible positions in Colorado Springs while I'm still out here in Afghanistan. Need to keep my fingers on the pulse of SQL Server opportunities as will be looking for work sooner than I expect since time actually flies out here even if the days are long and slow.

• The amount of spam on this site is just out of control. Something needs to happen or our users are going to go elsewhere. I for one have been around less and less because the amount of spam is so extreme. Here is a screenshot of "Active Threads".

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

Ed Wagner (8/19/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/19/2014)

Luis Cazares (8/19/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/19/2014)

Proper thin base stone baked? I only get frozen ones and have to literally sit on them for an hour before I can eat'em.:w00t:

😎

• Sean Lange (8/19/2014)

The amount of spam on this site is just out of control. Something needs to happen or our users are going to go elsewhere. I for one have been around less and less because the amount of spam is so extreme. Here is a screenshot of "Active Threads".

I have to agree. I find it harder and harder to find people that actually need help on this site with all the spam getting posted. It seems to be worse after hours for the Redgate team.

Viewing 15 posts - 45,256 through 45,270 (of 66,575 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply