Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

The Dixie Flatline (7/8/2014)

I abandoned any thoughts of playing it when I realized I already have a job.

πŸ™ EVE hasn't taken over my life. Not entirely anyway. πŸ™‚

But I believe Jason Wolfkill's game of choice to be World of Tanks, so that comment was just a slight dig at him. πŸ˜‰

Each to their own. No one likes every single game and no game is for everyone.

Sadly, the defining factor for which games I play is whether they will run on a circa 2006 CPU and a circa 2010 graphics card, because that's how I roll at home.

Jason Wolfkill

• wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

But I believe Jason Wolfkill's game of choice to be World of Tanks, so that comment was just a slight dig at him. πŸ˜‰

Sadly, the defining factor for which games I play is whether they will run on a circa 2006 CPU and a circa 2010 graphics card, because that's how I roll at home.

Oh, and don't forget the 2 GB of RAM.

Jason Wolfkill

• wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Before I came to Afghanistan I managed to upgrade my circa 2005 desktop system at home to 4 GB. Did that the same time I replaced the power supply that blew in the system.

• Lynn Pettis (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Before I came to Afghanistan I managed to upgrade my circa 2005 desktop system at home to 4 GB. Did that the same time I replaced the power supply that blew in the system.

It's important to have a decent gaming system. Myself, I don't really play too many PC games any more. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good computer game, but not the high-end ones where you have to devote your life to it to get anything done. I prefer board games nowadays. It know...kind of old-fashioned, but they can be a lot of fun and you get caught if you try to cheat. πŸ˜‰

• Ed Wagner (7/9/2014)

Lynn Pettis (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

It's important to have a decent gaming system. Myself, I don't really play too many PC games any more. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good computer game, but not the high-end ones where you have to devote your life to it to get anything done. I prefer board games nowadays. It know...kind of old-fashioned, but they can be a lot of fun and you get caught if you try to cheat. πŸ˜‰

Board games and card games are my favorites. I have a weekly dominoes session and a semi-monthly Gin Rummy session with friends. Euchre is played occasionally along with Monopoly and scrabble. Thre's nothing more fun than arguing "home" rules for Monopoly. πŸ˜›

Tom

• Where does my data come from?

Well the mommy data and the daddy data loved each other very much so....

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Board games on some Saturdays at the local geek hangout. I have Catan, Star Flux, Avalon and Forbidden Island. The club usually has a large pile of demo games. Computer games for the week-day evenings and occasional weekend marathon

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Grant Fritchey (7/9/2014)

Where does my data come from?

Bwahaaaa! I was so tempted to post "Haven't you had that little talk with your mum and dad yet?" πŸ˜€

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work (7/9/2014)

Grant Fritchey (7/9/2014)

Bwahaaaa! I was so tempted to post "Haven't you had that little talk with your mum and dad yet?" πŸ˜€

"Well, these types of things are perfectly normal for a database your age."

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

ChrisM@Work (7/9/2014)

"Well, these types of things are perfectly normal for a database your age."

Does that mean the DML is the daddy and the DDL is the mommy?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

He's being a tad lazy now.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

I'll move 'em down the road a piece then. It's easy enough to answer. But I really would like to see people going and reading the linked documentation. It sure would make me feel better.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

Prior experience with this one eh?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/9/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

Prior experience with this one eh?

Not exactly. But replying with "extended events sounds OK, can you write a script for me" doesn't really sound proactive to me πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 44,536 through 44,550 (of 66,622 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply