70-461

• KatieAndEmil (8/13/2013)

Hi

I'm given away for free 70-461 Full Practice Test. For Instruction how to get it visit our LinkedIn Group Discussion

Reason why we give it away is because Microsoft discourages people to provide the practice tests if the person took the exam... These questions are NOT actual exam question (we don't violate any terms & conditions) and we use them for training/interviews but questions are specifically adjusted to cover 'skills measured' for 70-461.

The test will be taken down from our website in several days time (better be safe than sorry ;)... and plans to cover all exams for MCSE: BI (which I have)... went to the bin 😀

I hope you will like it.

Take care

Emil

Wut? That sucks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Hello

is there a prerequisite exam for 70-461 that must be taken first ? I work in the field already and use SQL extensively I feel that I can pass the exam with minimal effort , but I did not know if I need a pre-req first

Thanks

• tester123 34641 (9/18/2013)

Hello

is there a prerequisite exam for 70-461 that must be taken first ? I work in the field already and use SQL extensively I feel that I can pass the exam with minimal effort , but I did not know if I need a pre-req first

Thanks

No, you can take the exam whenever you want.

The exam itself doesn't give a certification though, you also need 70-462 and 70-463 to get the MCSA certificate.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Yes. Great! Thanks for the quick reply

• It's not nearly as easy as you think though ...

s

tester123 34641 (9/18/2013)

Yes. Great! Thanks for the quick reply

• Microsoft and Prometric are currently offering a "Second Shot" promotion. If you feel confident on the subject matter you can take the exam, and if you don't pass, you'll have a better idea of the level of knowledge required for you second free attempt.

• Koen Verbeeck (9/18/2013)

The exam itself doesn't give a certification though, you also need 70-462 and 70-463 to get the MCSA certificate.

Well, if it's your first one you DO become a MCPS and can print off the appropriate certificate for that. It's not a "proper" certification as Koen says but it's better than nothing.

Passed mine last week - it was much harder than the practice tests you get with the book so don't rely too much on those.

• Exactly right. Go to the Certification Site - build yourself a document with EACH item separated - look up examples and actually do them.

Repetition is where it's at - actually doing the work, not just reading about it.

s

Richard Warr (10/7/2013) ... Passed mine last week - it was much harder than the practice tests you get with the book so don't rely too much on those.

• ErikvanD (6/18/2012)

cbtnuggets.com just has a video series out on 461 which could be a good starting point to get an overview. I am preparing for the exam myself and will sure have a look at these too.

Do you have T SQL code that is used in cbt nugget 70 461 series.

Regards

• Hi

I hope you don't mind if I share slightly off the topic reply... I just wanted to let you know that we are organizing Christmas BI Competition and one of the categories will relate to Microsoft exams including 70-461.

To make it more interesting we have decided to provide Christmas Gift for the person who wins the competition and that is £100 (or $150).

For more information visit Christmas BI Competition.

p.s. After we had to take down 70-461 practice test (Microsoft T&Cs) we have decided to provide online classes and webinars for 70-461 that we hope to release in first part of 2014.

Take care

Katie & Emil

• I recently passed Exam 70-461. I used the Exam Training Kit from Microsoft Press. I was able to order the book earlier this year... March or April time frame. It's by Itzik Ben-Gan, Dejan Sarka and Ron Talmage. I think it goes a fairly good job of covering the material on the exam. I also bought a developer edition of SQL Server, so I could install it at home and try out the new language features, etc.

For Microsoft certification exams in general, I tend to take the practice tests in certification mode to see if I'm ready. If I can get 100% on several practice exams in a row, then I feel I'm in good shape for the exam. That said... The exam questions are always more difficult, then the practice questions.

Thanks,
    MKE Data Guy

• I would suggest not to rely on DUMPS if you really want to add value to your carrier.

You can check my blog post for 70-461 exam: http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/[/url]

All the best!!!

• So, I failed the 70-461 exam on Tuesday and in retrospect, I know why. Even though I've been an accidental DBA since roughly 2001, There are many things we simply don't use at my job and I gave those subjects short shrift PLUS I trusted the practice exams provided in the 70-461 Training Toolkit from Microsoft Press to be a harbinger of success. Wrong move there...in my opinion it was like jumping from Kindergarten level questions to Junior in college level comparing the practice exams in that book to the real questions.

What I am wondering now prior to my free retake:

- Was the test I took a fair representation of what I can expect on my free retest from a subject matter perspective? The last Microsoft Certification test I took (and passed) was VB6 back in 1999, so testing is something I am just getting reacquainted with now.

- I was a bit nervous when I signed my NDA, so let me ask here.

-- Can I discuss general subject matter asked in the test without the specifics of the test itself?

-- Can I reveal my score (number relevant to 700, number of questions, etc.) itself to determine how close I was?

-- Lastly, can I reveal the areas with which I had trouble, based on my printout after the test so I can ascertain how best to prepare those areas?

• It is OK to reveal your score if you want to or discuss the top 3 weakest areas from your score record.

You shouldn't discuss anything to do with the format of the exam, the types of the questions asked, the actual questions or answers etc.

Try installing SQL on your own PC/Laptop and playing with the things you aren't sure of. You can buy the developers version cheaply or install a 180 day trial.

Try the course below on the MVA if you haven't already

https://mva.microsoft.com/training-courses/querying-with-transact-sql

• Siberian Khatru (1/7/2016)

- Was the test I took a fair representation of what I can expect on my free retest from a subject matter perspective?

Probably yes. You'll get a different set of questions from the (large) pool of questions for the exam.

-- Can I discuss general subject matter asked in the test without the specifics of the test itself?

I would suggest you don't.

-- Can I reveal my score (number relevant to 700, number of questions, etc.) itself to determine how close I was?

Score, yes. Number of questions, no. Besides, that'll change from one exam to another iirc

-- Lastly, can I reveal the areas with which I had trouble, based on my printout after the test so I can ascertain how best to prepare those areas?

Areas, yes. Any details on anything you were asked in those sections, no.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply