Learn how to write and design simple and efficient T-SQL code. This is a hands-on book that teaches you how to write better T-SQL with examples and straightforward explanations. New in this edition is coverage of Parameter Sensitive Plan (PSP) optimization, Azure Synapse Link for real-time analytics, integration with S3-compatible object storage, and SQL Ledger tables based on blockchain. You’ll learn to improve your T-SQL design in ways that provide faster performance, stronger security, and easier comprehension. The book identifies common anti-patterns in writing T-SQL and instructs you on how to change your code so you can be more confident in writing T-SQL code that is reliable and performs well.
Pro T-SQL 2022 is focused on the problems that developers are faced with and must solve in delivering successful applications. The content begins from a foundation of writing T-SQL that is clear and understandable. The book then takes you through writing SQL that performs well, is easy to manage through coding standards and version control, can be maintained and modified as business requirements change over time, scales as your business grows, and takes advantage of the full range of security features built into the SQL Server and Azure SQL database engines.
What You Will Learn
- Choose the correct data types and database objects when designing your T-SQL
- Write T-SQL that accesses your data efficiently and uses hardware effectively
- Implement source control and testing methods to streamline your deployment process.
- Design T-SQL that is flexible and can be enhanced or modified with little effort
- Plan for long-term data management, including growth and purging of older data
- Enhance database security through features such as encryption, data masking, row-level security, and the SQL Ledger blockchain table type