Access detailed content and examples on Azure SQL, a set of cloud services that allows for SQL Server to be deployed in the cloud. This book teaches the fundamentals of deployment, configuration, security, performance, and availability of Azure SQL from the perspective of these same tasks and capabilities in SQL Server. This distinct approach makes this book an ideal learning platform for readers familiar with SQL Server on-premises who want to migrate their skills toward providing cloud solutions to an enterprise market that is increasingly cloud-focused.
If you know SQL Server, you will love this book. You will be able to take your existing knowledge of SQL Server and translate that knowledge into the world of cloud services from the Microsoft Azure platform, and in particular into Azure SQL. This book provides information never seen before about the history and architecture of Azure SQL. Author Bob Ward is a leading expert with access to and support from the Microsoft engineering team that built Azure SQL and related database cloud services. He presents powerful, behind-the-scenes insights into the workings of one of the most popular database cloud services in the industry.
- Know the history of Azure SQL
- Deploy, configure, and connect to Azure SQL
- Choose the correct way to deploy SQL Server in Azure
- Migrate existing SQL Server instances to Azure SQL
- Monitor and tune Azure SQL’s performance to meet your needs
- Ensure your data and application are highly available
- Secure your data from attack and theft