As a follow-up to my post SQL Server “Denali”: New Certifications, the seven exams for SQL Server 2012 are:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server (70-461) [BI and DBA]
- Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database (70-462) [DBA]
- Building Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-463) [BI]
- Developing a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database (70-464) [DBA]
- Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server 2012 (70-465) [DBA]
- Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-466) [BI]
- Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Platform (70-467) [BI]
I have indicated which role (“Business Intelligence” [BI] or “Database Professionals” [DBA]) each exam fits into. The unanswered question I have is how will this work: Will you be awarded a MCTS for each test, and then a MCITP if you pass the four exams for each role?
New this year is that SQL Server 2012 Professional-level certifications will require recertification every three years. For more info, check out Sneak Peek: SQL Server 2012 learning products in development.