Stairway to SQL Server on Linux
SQL Server 2017 is the first SQL Server version that can be installed on Windows, Linux and inside a Docker container. This stairway series serves as a guide for the experienced SQL Server DBA to acquire skills and knowledge on this platform. This is an introductory series to installing Linux and SQL Server on Linux.
- In this first article of the Stairway to SQL Server on Linux, learn how to set up your host server.
- In this next level, we learn how to install SQL Server on Linux and verify that everything is working.
- In this level we examine how to add disks to separate our data, log, and tempdb files.
- In the next level of the Stairway to SQL Server on Linux learn about the client tools available to connect to your instance.
- In this level of the Stairway to SQL Server on Linux, we learn how to set up and use SQL Agent.
- In this level of the Stairway to Linux, learn how to use the TIG stack to monitor your SQL Server instance on Linux.