Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 204 total)
I had a coworker once (luckily sitting in other room) who was a ~40 years old single and lived in a guesthouse/motel. I don't know, what he did wrong, but...
God is real, unless declared integer.
June 26, 2020 at 4:32 pm
oh, I did already - about 20 questions 🙂
God is real, unless declared integer.
May 5, 2020 at 10:26 pm
I hope, this will be not the next Question of the Day, but sometimes you have the value not in a binary column but in a VARCHAR (e.g. because you...
God is real, unless declared integer.
May 5, 2020 at 3:45 pm
I used this behavior
God is real, unless declared integer.
March 10, 2020 at 2:37 pm
We can't use it either. We have an generic file loader, that searchs in the directories for new files and calls the fitting package to load the file. The (sub)package...
God is real, unless declared integer.
February 7, 2020 at 3:14 pm
Counterquestion: why should it be forbitten? It does not write anything to the log, changes no data ...
I don't know how it is realized internal, but theoretical an USE [db]...
God is real, unless declared integer.
January 25, 2020 at 8:41 pm
For the sake of completeness, CHOOSE() ignores errors too, until you access this value:
-- works well
DECLARE @i INT = 4;
SELECT CHOOSE(@i, 10,20,30,3.14,50,'Test', 1/0)
GO
-- returns division by zero...
God is real, unless declared integer.
January 6, 2020 at 4:24 pm
When disk I/O is no longer a problem, it comes to CPU and network I/O... To reduce the CPU load (and disk I/O) you could e.g. tune your queries /...
God is real, unless declared integer.
December 20, 2019 at 10:48 am
Even after several minutes of thinking, I can't really anything I know about indexing flag as only nice-to-have. Ok, maybe you could just skip the whole in-memory-table stuff with its...
God is real, unless declared integer.
December 16, 2019 at 3:03 pm
theoretical you could have added one more file to the filegroup and used
DBCC SHRINKFILE (N'<original file>' , EMPTYFILE)
to move all data into the new files (will be evenly distributed in...
God is real, unless declared integer.
November 7, 2019 at 2:28 pm
When your 500 GB database would use multiple filegroups (and the bigger tables are ideally partitioned into different FGs too), then you would be able to do a partial restore...
God is real, unless declared integer.
October 29, 2019 at 3:26 pm
I find the answers a little bit misleading. If a column is part of another index, FK or constraint, it just can't be dropped (without dropping / changing the index,...
God is real, unless declared integer.
September 25, 2019 at 8:45 am
CHECKSUM(*) or BINARY_CHECKSUM(*) could be an option but this needs all columns in the same order and (sometimes) equal data type.
Beside of this the function may work or a good...
God is real, unless declared integer.
September 23, 2019 at 2:37 pm
when they come running for restore of a proc from a 400GB database it kinda changes their mind
Forbit them to create any table in the primary filegroup, than this...
God is real, unless declared integer.
September 20, 2019 at 7:07 am
Nice article.
My main problem with the fill factor is, that I can't set it per partition. So I have either to waste a lot of space in my old, cold...
God is real, unless declared integer.
August 27, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 204 total)