Viewing 15 posts - 14,641 through 14,655 (of 39,919 total)
TOP 10 can grab one page (or a few) and return 10 rows. Any 10.
The order by means you must load the entire table to ensure you have the top...
January 5, 2012 at 10:39 am
A few free books we offer:
January 5, 2012 at 10:37 am
dick.baker (1/5/2012)
small beer, but
Tx, corrected the typo.
January 5, 2012 at 10:33 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/5/2012)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/5/2012)
In terms of depreciation, it sucks, but it's real. The value of your stuff is lower over time, and if you had to replace...
January 5, 2012 at 9:54 am
jeff.mason (1/5/2012)
January 5, 2012 at 9:51 am
Interesting. I wouldn't think it would matter since all editions can restore compressed backups, but apparently the header stores this.
Since I use separate media sets for all backups, not an...
January 5, 2012 at 9:49 am
jmiceli (1/5/2012)
I do not even allow automatic application of updates to my home machine. I allow the machine to download them, but then I pick and choose what I...
January 5, 2012 at 9:47 am
Brandie Tarvin (1/5/2012)
Ninja's_RGR'us (1/5/2012)
January 5, 2012 at 9:40 am
GilaMonster (1/5/2012)
Explain everything about partitioning: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1229215.aspx
Post on old thread asking how to partition an existing table: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1230706.aspx
Post on old article asking for script to partition existing table: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1230714.aspx
Anyone...
January 5, 2012 at 9:36 am
We're not going to explain in detail the steps that are needed for your very large database. You need to learn how to do it.
How? Ask specific questions on things...
January 5, 2012 at 9:35 am
TravisDBA (1/5/2012)
Sometimes updates...
January 5, 2012 at 9:32 am
Steve Smith-307669 (1/5/2012)
January 5, 2012 at 9:31 am
jcrawf02 (1/5/2012)
Steve, do you test your Chrome updates before applying?
Never know when they apply. When I started writing this, I was at 15, apparently now 16.
I don't use Chrome for...
January 5, 2012 at 9:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 14,641 through 14,655 (of 39,919 total)