Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,566 through 14,580 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Authentication mode in SQL Server

    Dev (1/11/2012)


    If somebody can login to Application Server & read configuration files, he can delete website as well (worst scenario).

    I wouldn't count out some SQL Injection or XSS...

  • RE: Censoring the Internet

    I think reposting a copyrighted work without permission is still copyright. The copyright laws control distribution as a protected right.

    The bigger problem is fair use. There's no provision in there...

  • RE: Authentication mode in SQL Server

    I tend to agree with Jack. Win Auth is more secure and no passwords are stored in any config file. The only passwords are those stored in the services portion...

  • RE: RAID recomendations

    I'd second Gail's advice. R10 if you can, R1 for logs if you can't. R5 for data if you must, but keep a spare drive around, which in most cases...

  • RE: Censoring the Internet

    Evil Kraig F (1/10/2012)


    There are a few sections in this bill that concern me, but I am not a lawyer, so I may not be seeing the whole picture that...

  • RE: help

    bijarcity(Ehsan Akbar) (1/11/2012)


    hi,can we sync the data in both servers with shipping?

    What do you mean? Log shipping? You need to be clear with your questions otherwise this becomes very hard...

  • RE: Censoring the Internet

    Revenant (1/10/2012)


    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."[

    -- Mark Twain

    True dat. It's one reason I think we ought to change the people in...

  • RE: Cloud Safety

    Many countries have laws requiring disclosure of items to the government. The government can do the same thing to your company. Granted, you can delay if you have the data,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Greg Edwards-268690 (1/11/2012)


    Although the PI shirt, and knowledge to know the precision of the visual, and the ability to verbalize it accurately to such aforementioned precision, whether you bought it...

  • RE: SQL Saturday is Coming to Dublin on March 24th 2011

    Yes, my apologies. This was scheduled last week and apparently I wasn't on 2012 time yet :w00t:

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (1/10/2012)


    mtillman-921105 (1/10/2012)


    I guess I'm really the only nerd around here,

    You and me apparently. We'll go be hopeless somewhere...

    I had to choose between the "This statement is false" t-shirt, the...

  • RE: Censoring the Internet

    Jeff Moden (1/10/2012)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/10/2012)


    I'd have to dig around, and it's hard to even know what the current version of the bill might change, but in one...

  • RE: Question

    Not sure, maybe one that can't be customized. You can't change rights on a server role.

  • RE: can I change a setting in sys.servers?

    I don't think so. This is a logged operation, so you can't do something out of band and then restart mirroring.

  • RE: Question

    Role - Group in AD. It's a way of assigning permissions to an object, and then assigning particular users to the role/group and having them receive permissions.

    In terms of securityadmin...

Viewing 15 posts - 14,566 through 14,580 (of 39,919 total)